Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Henhao H1014 OEM-style DVD/GPS Official Thread

224K views 803 replies 71 participants last post by  jack black 
#1 ·
This thread will be dedicated to the purchase, install and ownership experience of the Henhao H1014 headunit. I purchased this unit directly from Henhao's ebay store for $339.00 (US$). Shipping was included in the price. I have noticed that you can buy the unit directly from the manufacturer's website for 1505 CNY (Chinese Yuan) which converts to $238.00. There will probably be shipping charges on top of that, but it looks to be cheaper than ebay. Personally, I felt more comfortable buying from ebay & paypal for their buyer protection.

Here is the link to theunit:

7" in dash 2 din Car dvd for RAV4 navigation system - Toyota - Special car dvd - Product Catalog - HENHAO (GROUP) CO.,LIMITED

It is very similar to multitude of oem-style headunits out there as far as looks and features are concerned. GPS runs WinCE 6.0 and the seller provides map with the unit. Night illumination is listed as amber and should match well with the Rav's interior lighting.

That's it for now. I will update with pictures when the unit arrives and the install begins.

See less See more
#655 ·

Here's the BT screen. You can access contacts through the NOTE button. it just lists all the contacts, you cannot search, just scroll down using your finger. I was not able to use the steering wheel buttons to scroll through the list. You can also use the log to quickly pick the most recent numbers/contacts.

#656 ·
I tested the bluetooth using my Samsung Eternity a867 and it works very well. I have not put my trim back on yet so not pictures.

I am trying to pursue an xm satellite radio option with Richard Hu. When I inquired about before purchase he said it did not support it, but these people claim to have a module that will work (currently out of stock) so I sent them and inquiry as well.

Toyota RAV4 09-11 GPS Navigation Radio | OttoNavi

Will post if I have anything further. If anyone has anything on the xm satellite option I would appreciate feedback

thanks

#668 ·
Looks like steering wheel control is built in.

I noticed it also has an input for the tire pressure monitor TPMS, that's interesting..

Looks like you got a good deal :thumbs_up:

#671 ·
To all those that have the Henhao... How are your units holding up? Would you still recommend it? I have a 2006 RAV4 Limited with JBL, live in PA, and am seriously considering buying this one. I'm also looking at a few other units that aren't OEM-like. A few questions I have:
1. Where can I find the wiring harness for the JBL system?
2. What backup camera works best with this unit?
3. How does it do with Iphones, both with bluetooth connectivity and streaming Pandora?
Any tips and advice you have would be greatly appreciated. I've skimmed over most of the topics on this forum, and there's just so much to read with 67 pages of it all. It gets confusing! Thanks a bunch :)

#674 ·
I only have 1 question.

When you play music from a sd card or usb, and you turn off the engine in the middle of a song. When you restart, does it pick up where you left off? or does it re-start the last track you played.

Thanks.

I have a Myron&Davis, and it only picks up at the last track(restarts). This is extremely annoying since most of my music(tracks) are 30 mins long.

#675 ·
So.. I bought the Henhao unit a while back. The brackets I have to the OEM stereo didn't fit so I just left it hanging. Not until recently after reading through the android-thread did I realize that it's major security risk. I have a 2009 cross sport European Rav4. Did the original brackets fit for you guys? Where can I find fitting brackets? I've been skimming through ebay and I'm not even sure what they look like. Any help would be appreciated.

#676 · (Edited)
Security risk from only using 2 bolts. really?
Could you please point me to that thread. I find it really hard to believe how that unit will come off that bracket.

Also, I have never played music from usb or sd or even my phone plugged to usb. I just use bluetooth.

My unit is still holding well although I might be selling the RAV soon to get a 2011 RAV which already have another .... HENHAO in it. So my unit is for sale for anyone interested. PM if interested.

#681 ·
So, I just wondered before I try and read all the pages of this thread if there might be a FAQ for this HU?

In particular, I want to know if the is any loss of functionality compared with what you get with the bluetooth capable HU in the 2012 base.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.