Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2016 RAV4 : Ugly Styling

9K views 12 replies 10 participants last post by  WE0H 
#1 · (Edited)
Yes, the post below are right. I must have been in a poor mood. Deleted my comments.

#11 ·
It is BS, the owner just uses it to generate traffic for advertising banners so he can make money from them.

Reactions: DVS and WE0H
#12 ·
Gotta be BS.

Yet the way those hybrid Ford Escape's were flying off the lots...oh, wait...

:wink

*IF* Toyota were to do a hybrid RAV4, they would have to find a place to store the batteries. As cargo capacity is a big selling point and the RAV4 is "class leading" in cargo space, they'd probably have to give up that title. I'm not sure they'd want to do that.

Or better yet, put the spare tire back on the rear door (where it belongs) and store the batteries under the rear floor. Win-win!

They'd also have to jack the price up significantly, and the RAV4 is aimed at the low-cost, more youthful market.

But perhaps more importantly, if you want a hybrid in that size vehicle, I'm guessing they'd rather steer you to the Lexus NX hybrid.

Even Lexus expects only 10% of NX sales to be for the hybrid, and reviewers often complain of the lack of cargo space and the lack of power in them.

I'm not holding my breath...

Reactions: WE0H
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.