Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

More Takata problems....

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Blogson 
#1 ·
#2 ·
Wow, that's crazy! Why haven't I heard about this from the news media?

#3 ·
Yeah it sure proves the point that the defective ones are literally bombs inside our cars. Just had the passenger one replaced in my Odyssey last week. After the recall came out I wouldn't let anyone ride in that seat until it was fixed.

After I took the van to them and Honda replaced the driver's side bag a few months ago they called the next day saying not to drive the van because of some wrong parts having been used. They sent an employee with a loaner Honda and took the van away to be repaired and returned later that day.
Serious stuff!

#5 ·
Apparently the air bag detonators exploded because of the fire, and that is to be expected. What is cause for wonder is why the truck went off the road and caught fire in the first instance. With Takata's proclaimed insistence upon safety by the subcontractors who drive these vehicles, was the truck which was involved a Mexico-registered vehicle and was the driver qualified and certified to Texas and US standards to drive a vehicle containing devices which were capable of causing the tragic death and destruction which resulted? More info is needed.

#6 ·
This finally made the ABC news tonight. They said the truck driver missed a curve, crashed the truck, it caught fire and exploded. The driver got out, but a woman in her home was killed as her house was destroyed.

#7 ·
Viewing the aerial photo in RTF's first post I have to wonder where is the curve which the driver supposedly missed, and if there is one, why did he miss it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.