What was the last year for manual transmission in Rav4? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
RAV Lounge General discussion about the RAV4, not limited to any particular generation.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:25 AM
ninja6o4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
What was the last year for manual transmission in Rav4?

I searched up and down this forum and couldn't find a very simple answer to this question: What was the last year that manual transmission was offered in any configuraton of Rav4?

I'm actually looking for an MT in a 4 cyl AWD and want to know what is the last year I can be searching for.. Thanks everyone.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Gbcue Send a message via MSN to Gbcue Send a message via Yahoo to Gbcue
They're available overseas.
#3 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:37 AM
ninja6o4

Sorry, last year available for native North American sale (Canada, specifically).

#4 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 02:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to bloorav
2005 model year. I have one of them. The lack of a manual in the '06 model year redesign was one of the main reasons I went with the '05.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:00 PM

Yup, same for Canadian RAV4s. I have the 2005 brochure and it lists the manual transmission as standard equipment.
#6 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 03:51 PM

And by that point, Toyota was already moving away from manual transmissions in the North American market - only 10-20% of RAVs by then were manual trannies (I forget the exact numbers). So, if you're looking for a late model 4.2 with a manual transmission it will definitely be harder to find than an equivalent automatic.
#7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 09:16 PM
ninja6o4

Thanks everyone for your responses!

I figured that finding a manual will be tough to find, but I'm not planning to purchase one for a while. I've given myself anywhere between now and end of the year, so I have lots of time to look for just the right one

Was leather or heated seats an option in 04/05? Want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. My ideal Rav4:
- 2004/05
- Not White, Black, or Red (what other colours were available? Silver, Blue?)
- 5 Speed
- Leather (was this available?)
- Sunroof
- Fully loaded preferably
- Lower km (less than 150k km)
- AWD

Anything else I didn't specifically mention, I'm not too concerned about (alloy wheels, fog lights, etc.)

Having said that - anyone maybe selling theirs that fit this profile?

#8 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja6o4
Thanks everyone for your responses!

I figured that finding a manual will be tough to find, but I'm not planning to purchase one for a while. I've given myself anywhere between now and end of the year, so I have lots of time to look for just the right one
Oh, heck, that seems doable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja6o4
Was leather or heated seats an option in 04/05? Want to make sure I'm not barking up the wrong tree. My ideal Rav4:
- 2004/05
- Not White, Black, or Red (what other colours were available? Silver, Blue?)
- 5 Speed
- Leather (was this available?)
- Sunroof
- Fully loaded preferably
- Lower km (less than 150k km)
- AWD
This should help with the color choices: http://www.rav4world.com/forums/view...t=color+colour

Leather and heated seats were options for that year, but I think the popularity/availability (especially in a manual transmission) varied significantly by region. Since I don't have leather/heated seats, I'm not 100% positive, but I seem to remember that the 2 options were always paired together? So, if you get one, you get the other.

Also, if you aim for an "L" package instead of the base or "S"/sport, you'll end up with the leather wrapped shift knob and steering wheel, sunroof and a pretty fully loaded car by default. The leather seat part was not an automatic *default* option on the L package that I know of.

So, to get around to your question, except for leather/heated seats, I don't think you will have a lot of trouble finding the manual 04/05 you want. And you could always go aftermarket on the leather if that part is hard to find.

What part of the country are you in?

-Brian
#9 (permalink) Old 05-25-2009, 10:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloorav
And by that point, Toyota was already moving away from manual transmissions in the North American market - only 10-20% of RAVs by then were manual trannies (I forget the exact numbers).
I was just doing some searches to find out sales figures to support this statement but couldn't find one. Does anyone know of a good link for this, or other sales statistics of RAV4 options in different models over the years?
#10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2009, 01:38 AM
ninja6o4

Thanks for the link on the colours. Looks like Everglade, Flint, or Titanium in the "L" package I'll be looking for. L I guess is for Limited? Sometimes I see ads that say B or C package, higher letter = better options package?

I'm in Vancouver - heated seats probably won't be as common here as out east unfortunately, but like you said, I could get a set used or aftermarket. It's not top on the list of requirements.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page