Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

What have you done to your RAV4 today?

301K views 1K replies 234 participants last post by  JWILSON 
#1 ·
I saw this on another site and figured to give it a try here at R4W. Pics are nice but not required. Tell us what you have done to your RAV4 today!

I'll start off first... I saw cat foot prints on my hood today. Decided I need to wash it this weekend.

#104 ·
Cleaning fueled by curiosity

I love cleaning my Rav4!! Today it was pretty standard: took out the mats and beat the dust out. cleaned the windshield and applied a new coat of Rain-X. The works... Today I felt the need to take the plastic covers off around the driver's door as shown in my album. It started out because I want to splice the the line which supplies the dome light and mount an LED strip on the door which would light the ground when you open the driver or passenger front doors. While in search of clues I removed these plastic panels. I was a little worried because it required the unbolting of the seatbelt anchor!... It was real dusty under there! I cleaned it. I then proceeded to disconnect the molex connectors that I found under there and try to see what I had lost. I learned nothing. Had a lot of fun today: Listening to tunes and taking stuff apart. Picture in album if you would like to see.

#110 ·
New Air Filters

Got two (2) new air filters today. One for the engine and and one for the cabin. Engine air filter was getting a little bad, but the cabin was real bad. It had some holes in it. I cleaned a lot inside of the engine compartment and in the housing of the air filter. Its looking pretty good.
I took apart the plastic under the steering wheel to see if I couldn't find the turn signal timer. No such luck. Still an excellent feeling to take something apart, worried that you're getting in over your head, and getting it all back together. Good as new! I had real big plans today to clean it up. Turns out I kept it pretty light but went for the filters on a whim. My roommate put new plugs in his Volvo C30, though.

I learned a few things about my Rav4 today. One of them being spark plugs. I didn't know where they were and it baffled me since I had got the car. I also couldn't find the distributer. Turns out the plugs are under the air filter box, and they're those silly coil ones. That means no distributer! I also found out that it has a serpentine belt.

Another great day during which I gave my Rav4 a healthy dose of TLC.

#111 ·
I bought a ScanGaugeII for the RAV today. I can now see many of the same parameters that the ECU is seeing. The gauge is easy to use and works well. If I ever get a check engine light I’ll be able to read the codes without having to take the car somewhere. This device is a very useful addition to my toolbox.

Here is link:

http://www.scangauge.com/

#112 ·
- Got the 2nd oil change at the dealer. (they are doing a good job. For 40$, I wouldn't bother doing this myself, this includes a complete visual check, battery charge check, tire pressure, tire wear)

- Also bought winter wiper blades

- Received a free Toyota Snow Brush. ;-)

Next: Winter tires are coming this saturday.

#113 ·
-Winter tires installed. I did a small trip (150 KM), and I'm very happy with the package. No noise (well, the noise level is the same as the all season), handling is very good and the Toyota OEM steel wheels look good. All I need now is snow... bring it on, I'm ready ;-)

#119 ·
Used Stoner's Tarminator on ALL the doors, fenders, and lower surfaces of her car. She had no choice but to drive on a fresh patch of newly tarred road. What a mess! I went to two car washes to use the pressure sprayers on the caked wheel wells and interior side of mud flaps to knock the tar & pebbles off...........they were both closed! WTF? The garage reeks of tar......I've got a heavy duty clean up in front of me. I'm glad that I had a full can of Tarminator in my stash as I used most of it.

#120 ·
RTexasF said:
Used Stoner's Tarminator on ALL the doors, fenders, and lower surfaces of her car. She had no choice but to drive on a fresh patch of newly tarred road. What a mess! I went to two car washes to use the pressure sprayers on the caked wheel wells and interior side of mud flaps to knock the tar & pebbles off...........they were both closed! WTF? The garage reeks of tar......I've got a heavy duty clean up in front of me. I'm glad that I had a full can of Tarminator in my stash as I used most of it.
Yeah, seems like a lot of road work around here over the summer. The tar is a pain to remove.

#124 ·
SeriousBlack said:
NYPD said:
I installed these at 3am
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...item=&sspagename=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_4144wt_1101

Now my interior feels so much more FUN! Everything is blue blue blue!
Got a pic inside the BAT?
I'll take a few just for YOU

nobettername said:
How did you go about installing them?
Simple, just pop the cover off with a flat head or trim remover. For the vanity mirrors and rear door, you will have to wedge in from outside the cover trim/molding, so the entire housing comes out.

#126 ·
SeriousBlack said:
NYPD said:
I'll take a few just for YOU
Cool NYPD! 8)
Didn't go out at all the other day due to money issues, but I did tonight and remember to take pics for you. I took a few video clips because the pictures really don't justify how incredibly bright they are. If I knew that I could just replace the bulbs with a ton of super bright LEDS, I would have never installed my stupid pillar lights.

<iframe title="YouTube video player" class="youtube-player" type="text/html" width="640" height="510" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/l4Glaz1_20E" frameborder="0"></iframe>

My girlfriend was probably wondering what the hell I was doing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.