Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

What have you done to your RAV4 today?

301K views 1K replies 234 participants last post by  JWILSON 
#1 ·
I saw this on another site and figured to give it a try here at R4W. Pics are nice but not required. Tell us what you have done to your RAV4 today!

I'll start off first... I saw cat foot prints on my hood today. Decided I need to wash it this weekend.

#3 ·
Today I was heading out to get a quick car wash while on the way to pick up my friend and my girlfriend. Before I even go to the car wash, a Civic with 2 young guys in the front, and 2 girls in the back was pacing in the lane to my left. I didn't notice them at first, because I was singing along to "My Boo" music video with Usher and Alicia Keys, but when they were next to me I glanced over like I usually do, and I noticed the girl smiling at me. Then as they pulled ahead a bit, I see the guys looking back and smiling. As we drove alongside each other at a very slow pace through traffic, I heard the guys say "NICE CAR!" I looked at the girl again and she was still giving me a naughty smile. I couldn't help but smile and laugh out of flattery. BUT I already have a girlfriend and if that girl was one of their girlfriends, I feel bad for them, lol.

After the car wash, it was over... Nothing but turning heads everywhere I went! We went to a mall and in the mall there was an indoor garage. While I'm going through the garage, all you can hear is my mean muscle sounding exhaust and that definitely turned more heads.

After my day has been finished with my girlfriend, her sister and her boyfriend. I was driving my girlfriend's sister's boyfriend back home and I accelerated pretty hard to make a turn. My friend told me a few guys came out of the corner store to check out what the sound was.. hehe

While driving back home, I had my music videos playing and I noticed a few more cars pacing behind in the next lane. When I was almost home, I had 2 sportbikes watching the videos too.

This happens all the time and I never get tired of it. It always brightens my day even if I'm in a bad mood. Guys, girls, middle aged men, they all give nothing but compliments and it makes me feel soo good. I guess this is how it feels to have breast implants, lol. Just last week I had a guy in a Jaguar compliment me while driving through traffic. Kept telling me how sick THE BAT looks. He was calling it THE BAT! lol even though his coupe costs twice as much as my Rav.

#4 ·
Wow, my day sounds pretty boring by comparison. My RAV was covered in pollen, so I hosed it down with soap and water. I was going to take it to the car wash, but it's supposed to rain tomorrow.

#6 ·
Just order the Ultra-Racing 4 point front lower under brace to compliment my strut tower brace and 2 point front lower brace (I'm liking my results a lot thus far). Next item to pick up are 30 mm H&R wheel spacers. SB, I believe I saw a pick of yours with a new box - is my memory serving correctly. If it was you, can you tell me where you picked them up and perhaps what the model number is (also, how do you like them). Also on the docket for the next couple days is to find the cheapest source for the Dynomax Ultraflow muffler (the same as Heckler96 and Myxaplyx) as it is now time to compliment my intake. BTW way SB, what about Borla caused you to go with them (just curious). Thanks!

#8 ·
It was in the 70's and sunny today. Drove with my front windows down and sunroof open.

trdv6rav4 said:
Just order the Ultra-Racing 4 point front lower under brace to compliment my strut tower brace and 2 point front lower brace (I'm liking my results a lot thus far). Next item to pick up are 30 mm H&R wheel spacers. SB, I believe I saw a pick of yours with a new box - is my memory serving correctly. If it was you, can you tell me where you picked them up and perhaps what the model number is (also, how do you like them). Also on the docket for the next couple days is to find the cheapest source for the Dynomax Ultraflow muffler (the same as Heckler96 and Myxaplyx) as it is now time to compliment my intake. BTW way SB, what about Borla caused you to go with them (just curious). Thanks!
I don't have the spacers or summer rims on yet. I'll put them on next Friday. I got the spacers here http://www.ecstuning.com/ , part number 6065601. I always like the quality of Borla. Sounds like your RAV4 is going to be nicely done. Good luck with your mods!!!

To be done next Friday..

/forums/album_pic.php?pic_id=10474

#12 ·
SeriousBlack said:
Tell us what you have done to your RAV4 today
Took the front license plate frame off leaving a couple of raw holes in the bumper I'm gonna hafta fill somehow :[

Installed the WTech mats Mr Fed Ex brought me today:

I'm really hoping that with a little heat, the left edge will relax and lay against the door frame ... There is no doubt that these will protect the carpet when I come in outta the woods with muddy boots on!

I wish the rear one wrapped around the seat posts better ...

Tuesday, I get my tow hitch receiver installed.

#14 ·
I accomplished a lot yesterday. Started off by washing and detailing my Rav, put a coat of Meguiar's Tech Wax on my painted steel wheels and am getting ready to wax the whole car this afternoon. I recycled all of my empty beer cans from a long winter of drinking and got $32 which was used to fill up the gas tank. Then I proceeded to cut the grass for the first time this year which led to even more dreadful yard work once the wife got involved. Finally around 5 o'clock my son and I went to play nine holes of golf and I didn't loose any balls, I think that is a first. Shot a 39 and rewarded myself by starting another collection of empty cans! :lol:

#15 ·
Jimbo67 said:
Shot a 39 and rewarded myself by starting another collection of empty cans! :lol:
:cheers:

Today I backed my RAV4 out of the garage so I could get at the chain saw. Cleaning up all the tree branches from the past ice and wind storms. Now I need to pull it back in the garage or as I call it, the black cave.

#17 ·
Hey Willy, don't look now but it seems you got some kind of reptile on your dash!

#19 ·
Sat morning I washed and waxed the rav. I waited until dark and just drove around town with the radio off. It was so peacefull, just driving and listening to the sounds of the road and the engine. Sunday I will do the interior, if I do it right , it should take about 2 to 3 hours. First take out all loose objects/trash, dust, vacuum, wash everything, armorall all plastic, clean the mats, clean all glass, inside and out, then add a new air freshner. I now have a new radiator, air conditioning compressor, so I am more than ready for the Las Vegas summer. Bring on the 110's :thumbs_up:

#22 ·
Shopping around for BBQ supplies, girlfriend tanning in the Rav

Rav4 parked and looking good while waiting for other passengers to finish buying stuff to BBQ

Girlfriend wearing my Army Jacket because it got REALLY COLD by the beach

So we drove everything back home and BBQ'd in the front yard instead. Parked the Rav right outside as a Stereo on 4 Wheels

Girls finishing up their homework in the Rav

Tiny girlfriend in my seat

Looking good again

In the driveway before heading out for the day's adventure

If you guys are curious about other pictures from today, you can see the entire entry here
http://we5leyz.xanga.com/724844372/first-bbq-of-2010/

#23 ·
2 Weeks ago:
- Swapped the Winter Wheels
- Cleaned both sets
- Rust controlled Surrounding area.

This weekend:
- Will do a Rust Check
- Detail whole car
- Wash Passenger blanket, & Passenger (Dog) :roll:
or else Spray her with Febreeze !! :lol:

Next Month:
- Oil Change

This year there are no large Schedule maintenance jobs :D

#26 ·
SeriousBlack said:
Tell us what you have done to your RAV4 today!
Wanted to line the storage area under the cargo deck with something that would keep the bottom clean lest I spilled something in there. I found this stuff at Home Depot

3'X4' roll of rubber-backed carpet, name brand Endurance for 12 bucks. Cut easily with a carpet knife. Enough to do both storage areas under the deck with some left over for various nooks and crannies.

Expect it'll deaden road noise a bit ... Wishful thinkin?

Loaded up with all the stuff that I had stashed all over my F-150

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.