Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

What did you buy for your RAV4 today?

49K views 233 replies 72 participants last post by  SlimJim16v 
#1 ·
I just bought a used ( in perfect condition) Gentex model 177 auto dimming rear view mirror with compass for $47 shipped from eBay! I'd say that's a good deal!

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#3 ·
I just bought a used ( in perfect condition) Gentex model 177 auto dimming rear view mirror with compass for $47 shipped from eBay! I'd say that's a good deal!
That's an excellent deal! It's a very subtle mod, but it turns out to be one of those things where you don't know how you got along without it. Especially if you drive a lot at night.

#4 ·
Yes that's what happened to me after I drove a rental! LoL

#6 ·
Yeah, I saw your posts, you also got a good deal.

#7 ·
Bought some led bulbs for front park/turn lights.

#8 · (Edited)
Bought an ATSC-M/H tuner, $90 incl shipping. Finally the wife can watch TV in the car!

#10 ·
Picked up a Scosche Passport 12v to 5v adapter for my iPhone glove compartment hookup

#11 ·
One five quart container of Mobil 1, 5W-30 oil at Wal-Mart.

They keep running out of stock of this oil so I check every time I shop at any Wal-Mart. Cost: $26 and change. The V6 will purr for another 5,000 miles.

#13 ·
Nice, where are you gonna mount them?

#17 ·
I bought two new batteries for my smart keys today. When I went out to the car this morning and touched the door handle nothing happened. I had to use the mechanical key to get in and then hold the Toyota emblem up to the start button to get the car to start (per the manual). Drove down to the local Toyota dealer and bought two batteries (CR1632) for $3.05/each. The parts guy installed them in both smart keys for me. The car is just under two years old. This is the first time the batteries needed to be replaced.

#18 ·
2 years sounds ok for a smart key.

#21 ·
You should have suggested this to the guy that posted a topic on " how to make the Rav more aggressive looking" :) nice

#24 ·
I always wanted to get one of those! I hear some limited models have a built in inverter with 110v?

#27 ·
Here are a few things done in the past 2 weeks:

1. Fog light (from ebay)- installed
2. Wade bug deflector - Installed
3. Nerf bar from Amazon - Installed
4. Antirust treatment from Metropolitain, Gatineau, Quebec
5. Remote stater installed by SAR Performance in Ottawa. Unit is DSE, made in Montreal Canada :). Love the unit but car is smelling of solder!
6. Grey rear cargo mat from Amazon.
7. Got some used snow tires. Will install them in a month

8. I purchased the chrome handle covers from Ebay. Waiting for delivery. I might paint them body colour if I don't like them. I have a Base Rav4 2008.
9. Purchased pre-cut tint from Amazon. Will have to proceed fast to install them before the freezing weather sets in.

#105 ·
Here are a few things done in the past 2 weeks:

8. I purchased the chrome handle covers from Ebay. Waiting for delivery. I might paint them body colour if I don't like them. I have a Base Rav4 2008.

How did these work for you? Have been meaning to get a set too but Ebay is littered with massive price variance on them (the cheap ones look the same as the expensive ones... decisions decisions) and seller locations from the USA to Istanbul to China. Does paying more really mean quality? Who knows.

#28 ·
Good stuff :)

#29 ·
I ordered the latest Toyota navigation DVD upgrade from my dealer today. Version 11.1 was released recently. The part number for the RAV4 (09-11) is 86271-GENX5-11 and the price was $169. There is a seller on eBay selling this upgrade for the same price. I own a portable Garmin GPS also, so I'm aware that Toyota charges a premium for these map upgrades.

#30 ·
a hydraulic jack , installed the winter tires/stellies yesterday. Next week it's going in for a synth oil change along with the diff oil change and tranny oil change. Oh yeah bought some rainX at crappy tire time to swap out the summer for winter stuff, so I've been driving and using as much juice as possible to drain the reservoir.

#31 ·
Good plan! The last thing you want in ON in the winter is a frozen washer reservoir. Ask me how I know! Oh, and what's wrong with Canadian Tire? I could spend all day browsing in that place. Wish we had 'em down here.

#33 · (Edited)
Red double pin stripes 1/2" with Toyota emblem connectors, $30 incl shipping. This color should match the other red badges/emblems ;-)

#35 ·
I'll post the link

#37 ·
Just bought Ventshade visors, $24.99 incl shipping from USA.

#42 ·
Just purchased Stellar RS1050 remote start with oem remote integration, also Fortin KEY-OVERRIDE-ALL immobilizer bypass.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.