Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

RAVMAN has RETIRED from "R4W" (for now ;)

39K views 21 replies 19 participants last post by  Erwin 
#1 · (Edited)
Hello RAVers - I'm announcing my "official" retirement from the world of RAV4s!! It's been a little over 1 year now since "AutoGuide" took over the daily operations and ownership of our site. Overall... I must say... they've done a VERY nice job so far, and have implemented some very cool upgrades :cool:

I have also recently turned over my "Admin" position to JuneBug (aka James) who is a long-time member of our site. :thumbs_up: I'm sure James will make a GREAT "Admin" and will help steer "AutoGuide" in the right direction with continued growth/improvements to "R4W" :cheers:

After owning my RAV4.1 model for nearly 16 years (and 203,000+ miles) I SOLD her last week :eek: Don't worry... she is now owned by my stepdaughter, who needed a good/reliable daily driver to get to and from work. I've made a deal with her that if she EVER decides to sell... that I get first choice at buying her back :cool:

I'd like to thank ALL of you for the fun ride over the past 14+ years!! I feel that I've made a great bunch of friends here!! As members of this site... I really appreciate how most of you have made this place feel like "home" :thumbs_up:

Though owning a RAV4 does not currently fit into my lifestyle plans, I'm pretty sure that within 10 years I will once again become a RAV4 owner. I will definitely be checking in from time to time... to see how you are all doing!!

Thanks again and take care!!! - Kelly (aka - RAVMAN)

See less See more
#3 ·
Kelly, thank you for all the hard work in making RAV4World the go-to site for RAV4 owners all over the planet. I feel like the scarecrow taking over for the great and powerful wizard, but I will do my best to keep this site up to your high standards. Enjoy your retirement and take care!

#4 ·
I already noticed that James had a promotion, but wow... Kelly retiring wasn't something i had expected.
Thanks for all the work you put into this site. It sure has become a piece to be proud of.
Great that you can focus on other things now. But i am sure you will be getting withdrawal effects very soon.

Hope you enjoy whatever new ride you got, and your new free time.
Greetz

Pim

#5 ·
Thanks for the vision and hard work to have created and perpetuated this little corner of the internet. Enjoy your "retirement" and your new vehicle adventures!

#8 ·
Thanks for the kind comments guys! :)

Wes - I'm back to driving a Dodge Ram. Recently picked up a 2002 with only 21k miles on it :cool: 4x4 2500 Quad Cab with the 8.0 liter V10 :eek: Wouldn't have chosen the V10... but the price was right :mrgreen: We've also got a 2009 Corolla that we bought new a couple years ago. Getting 34mpg in the Corolla and 9mpg in the Ram :egad:

Here's one of the last photos I took of our RAV4. Enjoying a trip to the "woods" with our grandson :) Would have been a great pic for the "Rav4 Picture Game!" <-- show a photo of a "Jeep" parked on top of your RAV4 ;) :)

#10 ·
There goes all the gas money you saved from the Rav4 :-(

Sent from my Autoguide iPhone app

#13 ·
thanks for the great job here. and that v10 is looking clean !

#16 ·
Thanks Kelly for your work and dedication to the site. Please do stop by and stay part of this awesome community!

#17 ·
Thanks for driving the ship for so long. This is the best forum I've found. Congratulations on its success. Well done!
Happy trails,
:cheers:
Jon

P.S. Ravs are addicting, I bet you'll be back. :wink:

#19 ·
Ravman (AKA Kelly), thank you so much for building and maintaining this great Web site. I have subscribed to several other such sites in the past year (as part of my due diligence in doing research for my wife's next car) and I must say that this is the best of all of them. Nowhere else have I found as large a community of committed owners and such a wealth of information. Moreover, RAV4 World has enabled me to become an informed and proactive RAV4 owner in the case of such issues as the infamous steering-column knock, the faulty OEM radio, the potentially faulty oil line and the audio buzz when playing my iPhone's iTunes app and charging the phone at the same time. Thanks again and best of luck to you. And by the way, I hope RAV4 World's new owners paid you a princely sum for it. :cheers:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.