2012 RAV4 Prices Paid - Page 4 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Shopping and Test Drives Discuss the various issues that come into play when you are test driving, comparing and pricing the RAV4 with other SUV's.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#31 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
The troubles of a first time car buyer

So...I just bought a Rav4 base model for 25,300 out of the door. Is that a good price?

I've seen previous posts where some "lucky" individual bought it for around 25k as well...but considering that the 2013 Rav4 is coming out in a few months, I'm a little dubious on my price.

And also, the salesman insisted that there isn't going to be a new model for the 2013 edition, that there is just going to be a few changes but no drastic look to the body, but after I imprudently bought the car, I went home and did a little research. I don't know if the videos and websites are true or not, but it does seem that there is a new model is coming out? With no tires on the back...

Ex: 2013 Toyota RAV4 Spy Photos – Future Cars – Car and Driver

I'm content, but I don't want to live everyday wondering whether I was "deceived" or not.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 09-04-2012, 12:33 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncertainDude View Post
So...I just bought a Rav4 base model for 25,300 out of the door. Is that a good price?
The Toyota.com site calls the $22650 sticker for the FWD I4. Add transport. Add options, including floor mats. Add California tax and fees. https://www.dmv.ca.gov/FeeCalculator...VehicleForm.do which might be $2000 or so. Sounds near sticker, but taxes vary significantly according to your home address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncertainDude View Post
I don't know if the videos and websites are true or not, but it does seem that there is a new model is coming out? With no tires on the back...
There are some who think that the redesign will be called a 2014 model. On the other hand, the first year of a new major design often has some design flaws. The 2006 had an unshielded plastic canister under the car that could get $1000 in damage driving through a big puddle. The spark coils had a shorter life than the improved versions from later years.

2009 V6 4wd Base
#33 (permalink) Old 09-07-2012, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pyramid_Head View Post
You get a $2000 discount from Toyota for being an American Express cardholder.
If you don't mind you please provide me any link or more information on this American Express cardholder discount. Appreciate your response.
#34 (permalink) Old 10-21-2012, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inocense View Post
Just purchased mine today!.. Hoping I got an ok deal.. I must have sent out 15 e-mails and I decided to find one out of only 2 in stock in the state of Illinois.. So I visited that dealership hoping to get a better quote than the others since they already had it in stock.. That didn't really turn out to be the case.. Still think I did OK.. not the greatest but... It'll have to do.. papers are signed.. lol.. A little buyers remorse because I know I will really miss my Limited.. (Couldn't afford another and I didn't want leather seats)

2012 Rav4 Sport 4WD 4cyl - Magnetic Grey Metallic

MSRP: 27,850

Quoted price prior to negotiation: 26,184 (not including any rebates or incentives)

Selling price: 25,678 (not including Toyo rebate)

Doc Fee: $161.39

Tax: (8%ish) $2,067.15

Incentive: Toyota $750

TOTAL OUT THE DOOR: $27,276.54

And they were able to give me 2.5% financing for 60 months.
(better than my Credit Union)

I also signed up for the Edmunds rebate, so hopefully I will be getting that as well.. ($750) Which will pay for my remote start.. :P
I am in the market for Rav4 ,How to get the edmunds rebate? thank you..
#35 (permalink) Old 10-22-2012, 06:57 PM

For my new base (no option) Sport V6 4WD I paid $29556.64 CDN plus applicable taxes (GST+QST+Quebec Tire recycling fees) for a total of $33,999.99 not including my $12,000 trade-in, actually an accommodation sale this way I saved the taxes on this amount. We pay about 15% in taxes where I live so it's worth to make and accommodation sale whenever possible.

Originally, I was thinking of getting the base V6 4WD model but for the price difference and Toyota Canada $4,000 discount, the Sport was worth every extra penny. I don't like the base cloth seats but I could have lived without the few bells and whistles the Sport. The Sport has a stiff suspension but that's the price to pay to have the interior I prefer!

2012 Sport V6 Classic Silver no option
1999 Lexus RX300 Pearl White base gone
1972 Corolla 1200 Yellow 4 speed manual long gone
Others too many to mention!
#36 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 08:25 PM

Just bought my 2012 Limited AWD V6 nav/roof/leather here in central oregon after looking at everything around. MSRP was 33,180. Consumer reports said the best price possible would be 31,500 so I took that to the dealer and paid 31,750.

There is a $750 cash incentive expiring tomorrow 11/5/12 that I just made it in on. Others might want to do the same. I was going to wait for a 2013 but I decided to get the V6 now while I can. There are not many V6's around so get 'em while ya can is my advice.

2012 V6 4WD Ltd.

if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the precipitate.
#37 (permalink) Old 12-02-2012, 10:25 PM

2012 4cyl limited, AWD +premium plus, +mats

And some other stuff the dealer threw in, clear guard on the door edges, nitrogen in the wheels, etc
$26,500.
However, they jacked me with $495 with processing...
Still great deal.
#38 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 03:58 AM

Base V6 FWD in So Cal $23,091

Just picked up a base V6 FWD with QW & CF packages (Value Pkg & floor mats) for $23,091 + tax + license. I really wanted the Tow Prep Pkg with bigger radiator & uprated alternator, but just couldn't find one so equipped. Will perform a conservative break-in until about 2500 miles, but acceleration with the 3.5L V6 is shocking, MUCH more responsive than our '98 3.0L V6 Camry or our '00 3.4L V6 4Runner. 5 speed auto is sweet, gear ratios are nicely spaced & engine only turning 2K RPM at a little over 70 MPH on the freeway. Last remaining 2012 V6 base models are getting scarce, and 0% financing ends in a week, so I didn't have time to do a lot of research on pricing. Anyone else bought a base V6 in California within the last few weeks? If so, what did you pay?
#39 (permalink) Old 01-29-2013, 09:15 PM

Purchased new 2012 Rav4 AWD base V6. MSRP $27345. Paid $24700 + tax + DMV + 0%
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page