Toyota RAV4 Forums

Toyota RAV4 Forums (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/)
-   RAV4 News, Reviews & Videos (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/105-rav4-news-reviews-videos/)
-   -   New First Impressions Video of All-New 2013 Toyota RAV4 (http://www.rav4world.com/forums/105-rav4-news-reviews-videos/98289-new-first-impressions-video-all-new-2013-toyota-rav4.html)

jemcgrew 02-15-2013 10:20 PM

New First Impressions Video of All-New 2013 Toyota RAV4

With the complete re-design of the 2013 Toyota RAV4 it will be interesting to see if Toyota will impress current owners and gain new owners. The new styling is quite a departure from the 2012 model and the interior styling is more inline with the new Camry and some of the Scion's we have seen recently.

Check out this First Impressions Video review from Real Auto Reports:
" title="Real First Impressions Video: 2013 Toyota RAV4, All-New and Redesigned - YouTube" target="_blank">Real First Impressions Video: 2013 Toyota RAV4, All-New and Redesigned - YouTube

lance 02-16-2013 01:49 AM

not impressed at all.... 3 reasons we bought a rav 4. spare tire on the door to make more room inside, the rear door opening like a door not a lift up, v6....

all these have changed or are not available with the 2013. would not buy a 2013

vanib 02-16-2013 11:05 AM

This is review for the new rav4 feel and look, not a post asking if we like the new rav4. We already have such posts running. I want to hear more from people who have test driven the rav. You don't like, you don't buy. Simple.

jemcgrew 02-16-2013 01:48 PM

Lance,

Totally understand your perspective. One point I do want make on interior cargo room though is that it is actually 0.4 cu. ft. better in the 2013 than in the outgoing 2012 model. With the redesign they were able to move it under the load floor, which also makes it easier to remove is some instance (unless you have it loaded down of course!).

The loss of the V6 is something we asked Toyota about...they said when they looked at the vehicle and what consumers were buying, the V6 was less than 5% of all RAV4s sold. They felt that by making the performance better in the I4 and giving better fuel economy, that would provide a product that the majority of the RAV4 buyers would appreciate. It is a question of economics to some degree for the large automaker too.

Thanks for your comments, good food for thought!

Octane 02-16-2013 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemcgrew (Post 994561)
Lance,

Totally understand your perspective. One point I do want make on interior cargo room though is that it is actually 0.4 cu. ft. better in the 2013 than in the outgoing 2012 model. With the redesign they were able to move it under the load floor, which also makes it easier to remove is some instance (unless you have it loaded down of course!).

The loss of the V6 is something we asked Toyota about...they said when they looked at the vehicle and what consumers were buying, the V6 was less than 5% of all RAV4s sold. They felt that by making the performance better in the I4 and giving better fuel economy, that would provide a product that the majority of the RAV4 buyers would appreciate. It is a question of economics to some degree for the large automaker too.

Thanks for your comments, good food for thought!

I always laugh when I see that comment about toyota only selling 5% of Rav4s with the V6, from what I can see around me, that number should be more like 30%... but then again they can make numbers say what they want... I'm just glad to have a 2012, because it fits me better than the new gen would!

vanib 02-16-2013 02:50 PM

From what I read online, the v6 sale was 30% for 2012. Can't find the link to that data though.

DVS 02-17-2013 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jemcgrew (Post 994561)
One point I do want make on interior cargo room though is that it is actually 0.4 cu. ft. better in the 2013 than in the outgoing 2012 model.

Technically that's not true. While the 4.4 is rated at 73.4 cu ft of cargo space behind the front seats and the 4.3 is rated at 73.0 cu ft, the 73.0 value did NOT include the large underfloor storage bins that existed on the 4.3s, which are now gone thanks to the location of the spare tire being moved there in the 4.4.

When those are included you get at least another couple of cubic feet of storage space behind the front seats.

So technically speaking, there is less volume for cargo in the 4.4 than there was in the 4.3.

lance 02-17-2013 12:24 PM

the crappy part of spare in the trunk is all loaded up on a road trip and bolwing i tire on the highway, then unpack your entire trunk on the side of the road.

keat 02-24-2013 10:39 PM

test drove and bought 2013 on the spot!!

I test drove and then bought it on the spot. I am so glad I waited to buy a 2013. The 2012 is already outdated. I test drove and bought the limited awd. I love the sport mode that comes with this model. The cargo space is awesome and I love the hatch door that opens like a proper hatch. It also is a power lift tailgate that is great. How many times have you had to change a tire on the side of the road while the car has been packed. I personaly have never had to do that, so not very often is my guess. The fact that the spare tire is not on the back of the door is a great idea. It is about time toyota got with it as far as a modern design. This is a great small suv.

edgearav42013 04-12-2013 09:07 PM

I promised my Wife if the Rav4's bulky tire in the back door will be gone, I'll trade in our old car, so I did and Everyone in the Family is Very Happy.