Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Help new Tweeter no work??

4K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  CB91710 
#1 ·
Replaced garbage OEM speakers in passenger front door today. Used Energy components with 6.5 inch and 3/4 inch tweet .. I bought them new but not in box. I thought I wired correctly but tweeter no sound. I just cut the blue/green at each speaker -- yes all 4 at tweeter connector and then proceeded to solder the bottom 4 wires and the top 6 wires to the correct side of each driver. The 6.5 works fine but no tweeter?? If the factory tweeter worked why does wiring in the same fashion not allow the Energy tweeter to function?

Pat.

#4 ·
That's how the Tacoma was set up. The factory HU fed the tweets, and they have a 4-wire connector. The 2 pair are tied together AT the tweeter, so if you just unplug the tweeter it kills power to the mid/full range as well.

Your options are to connect the crossover to the connector at the tweeter and then feed the tweet with your own wire and the full range with the factory wire, or you can jump the connection at the tweeter, feed the crossover from the full-range connector, then feed the two drivers from the crossover with your own wire.
"Cleanest" on the 4.4 is to mount the crossover near the tweeter under the dash so only one feed needs to run to the door speaker, which is already in place. Does the 4.3 mount the tweets in the dash?

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.