Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Debadging RAV4 hybrid

12K views 29 replies 19 participants last post by  john,staten island 
#1 ·
Anyone thinking about doing it? I think it makes the car look cleaner by removing the Hybrid sign on the side. And on the back of our car where it says hybrid and XLE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#6 ·
I remove all badging from every vehicle I've owned. The RAV was no different. Took 5 minutes total, including cleanup. Fishing line technique, and slowly pull the double sided tape off at a slight angle. Minimal residue left. Goo gone to remove any leftover adhesive.

Here is a great video on debadging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#11 ·
It's all about personal preference. Whatever floats your boat. Personally, I am proud that I am driving a hybrid and that it is a RAV4 and a Limited. If that is considered advertising it, then I am doing that, and happy to do it. But, I would never criticize someone for debadging their vehicle.

#13 ·
I would never buy a debadged vehicle, and believe it would likely reduce resale value. However, if you buy the vehicle, you can do whatever you want. Personally, I have never understood it, nor would I consider doing it. I have no problem that people know the brand of vehicle I own, but refuse to advertise for any dealership, with their license plates frames.

Reactions: millsrv
#17 ·
Not feeling bad at all. I hope you are not taking my expressed preferences personally. Like I said, your vehicle, your business. I believe, one of the many benefits of this forum, is finding out what others change in their RAV4s, to improve aesthetics or function. I am good with most things, except when it comes to taking my badges
off :)

#15 ·
Shouldn't you leave at least ONE hybrid badge so you won't get pulled over for driving in an HOV lane?

#22 ·
Why do you need that to be towed? Unless I'm mistaken the hybrids AWD are only connected by wire to a electric motor on the rear wheels. No mechanical gearbox or driveshaft involved. Unlike the Non hybrids AWD.

FYI. Mine also don't have the AWD badge.

#24 ·
I wonder how many Ferrari owners are "debadging" their cars?

This whole conversation is really interesting to me. Personally, I could care less what someone I don't know thinks about me or the cars I drive, but in the same sentence I don't like the idea of free advertising a product for a company when I had to purchase the product. For example; paying for a hat or a tee shirt that has a company name or logo on it is never going to happen. If the product is free then fine, I'll take it.
Gee, now I am wondering about my computer's Apple Logo and my refrigerators LG Label, they might look "cleaner" without them.

#25 ·
I agree with you about not wanting to provide free advertising, including, for the most part, clothes. However, I don't view all brand badges as advertising, but rather as identification, especially for vehicles. I know brand display means different things to different people, including affluence, status and loyalty, but I try to minimize it when possible. I wouldn't wear a shirt with Levi on it, but would never take the Levi logos off my jeans.
I find it interesting how people express personalities through their vehicles, and think it's great. I kind of liked the "murdered" look when it first came out, but mainly, I go for the original look. I do like that Toyota has chosen to differentiate their hybrid vehicles by giving their Toyota badges a nice blue accent. Now that is clean :)

#26 ·
I like the clean look too, but for the exact reason our Canadian friends state . . . if I ever have my AWD towed, it has to be on a flatbed or equivalent to get all four wheels off the ground. With the badge, I'll never hear, "I had no way of knowing it was all-wheel drive".

Reactions: blueumbrella
#29 ·
Certain hybrids can use the HOV lanes? Plugins only? Just curious because the wife and I are going to Brighton Beach via the Goethels bridge, through Staten Island and over the Verrazano. Just wanted to see if we can use the HOV lanes once we get over into the city.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.