Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

cargo net vs hammock tray?

13K views 22 replies 6 participants last post by  Quickdtoo 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for what accessory will keep grocery bags from rolling around back and falling all over the place?

I saw a previous thread endorsing the hammock style net. How do you store it (on Limited hybrid if that makes a difference) when not in use given stiff rods? Any recommendations on where to get it? Ones on ebay don't seem to be compatible with 2016 hybrid.

#3 ·
Thanks for suggestion although I already know what will happen. Kids will be fighting about bags in front of them even though there's plenty of space.

My other concerns would be the hooks eventually digging into faux leather and/or cheapo plastic grocery bags ripping depending on what was inside (i.e. watermelon).

#6 ·
Thanks for your thoughts. I guess something to think about.

Does the hammock from 2006 fit the 2016 too? I didn't even know that existed until today after coming back from grocery store. I have a cargo net on the minivan which worked find for this purpose

#11 ·
I use the hammock net for grocery bags all the time--it works very well and is very strong. I had 2 watermelons back there in bags and they didn't even roll around. When not in use there is a storage place under the floor.

#12 ·
I only buy Hermiston watermelons that are usually 12-20lbs, so they go on the floor in the second row or on the spare tire

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/221617-trunk-organizer.html#post2066601[/QUOTE]

I have read about the Hermiston Watermelons, but they don't make it this far north, that I have found. I am looking for a place they are sold in Washington. Do you get them in Oregon? or buy them somewhere in Washington? Thanks.

#17 ·
Never heard of hermiston watermelon but now will have to look for it when I'm out in Vancouver in a month.

As for original question, I think organizers vs hammock may be way to go. We typically have 3 or 4 people so front hook is out and kids in back won't appreciate bags in front of them.

Quickdtoo or Junebug : care to show me how it stores under the floor? I've been hauling a beast of a tennis ball machine, two ball hoppers, lg racket bag so can't have a bulky object that takes up lot of room when not in use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.