New Headlight Test .... Ouch! - Page 9 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 Electric RAV4 Hybrid & EV Discuss anything Electric or Hybrid RAV4.4 (2013+) related.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 03:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferenc62 View Post
How/Where did you install the LED-bar? Can you please send a picture of the front? And also, any particular problems from installing on a Hybrid?
I documented some of the installation process in this thread:

Where to take 12v for aux lights up front?

The LED bar was bought here: Rigid Industries SR2-Series 20" - Merljus.se

Mounting bracket bought here: Extraljusfäste för LED-Extraljusramper Svart - Merljus.se

Basically:
Remove front:
*underneath 6x 10mm bolts, in front of each wheel 1x 10mm + 1 clip
*above front 2x 10mm bolts + 2 Phillips screws + 2 clips (one has a rubber thingie that rests against hood)
*Pop of the front in in front of the wheel on both sides.
*Detach: (my spec) 1 block heater outlet cable, 1 radar/parking sensor cable, 2x fog light cables, 1 washer fluid hose from T-junction (you need to block the hose or drain the tank otherwise washer fluids come on the floor)
* Have a friend stand in front when you pop it off to hold it.
* Measure carefully and drill 4 holes for the mounting bracket
* Mount LED bar on mounting bracket
* Zip tie cable from LED ramp upwards so it come up in the engine bay
* Mount the front
* You can lend "high beam signal" from the drivers side lamp and route that one to the Relay of the ramp, then it comes on with the Stalk either in Auto mode or manual Mode. (Auto mode doesn't work well with a strong upgraded light so well, don't blind others..)
* Optionally: get a wire inside cabin so you can turn it off/on-with-stalk/override on.
* In the relay box take 12V as I did in the other thread (you need to have a fuse on the relay-kit cable.. warning!)
* Ground on the torpedo wall. There are I think 10mm bolts there that works fine.
* Find a flat straight road and adjust it so its level to the ground, there should be no glare in the road with a good ramp if correctly adjusted, the light should go far where its needed.

Don't buy a cheap LED bar because the installation is very cumbersome and those cheap ones get moisture / other problems after a while, that would suck because then you need to undo everything even if the LED bar are under warranty.
The Following User Says Thank You to Torque For This Useful Post:
Ferenc62 (01-12-2017)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 82 (permalink) Old 01-11-2017, 08:25 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandRAV View Post
I specifically went up to the SE trim (had planned on XLE) for the LED headlights, which I find to be stunning. A pure white light that helps you see lots of stuff in the dark...kinda the whole point of headlights. I'm not sure what's missing there.
+1 on the SE LED lights. I too was swayed the direction of the SE because of superior lighting and interior options. I think the LED's are excellent, and I don't see as well at night as I used to 10 years ago (but these do help).

2016 AWD SE metallic gray 10-15-16
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page