Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2017 Rav4 Hybrid LE Plus

6K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  RAVN4RED 
#1 ·
#8 ·
Might be some form of dealer incentive or promotion. I wonder is it available in all US regions?
Not the first time, if they are only offering this trim line in certain areas. If its popular they might open it to all areas later. But that would be a reason its not on the national Toyota site.

Has anyone figured out the price difference between the LE HV and a similarly equipped regular LE?

#12 ·
Huh! I wonder if they're rolling it out in Canada and just testing the US market. There are 2 within 250 miles of me, so they're definitely in the States on a very limited basis. The Canadians will have to give us feedback when they start moving off the lots.

#13 ·
Hello everyone,
I'm new on this forum, and I've read a lot of discussions during last few weeks. Thanks for all the informations.

I am considering seriously the RAV4 Hybrid to replace my Golf Wagon TDI (buyback didn't start yet in Canada). I did a great test drive during 150 km with the RAV4 Hybrid XLE and I liked what I saw. Enough power for what I need, great driver seat (my back loved it), great mpg, descent AWD (not as good as the 4MOTION VW I've tested but will be fine).

I live in Canada so I need to decide between LE+ and XLE. The price difference is 1500$. Maybe not a big difference but because the price is already higher for my initial budget, I'm trying to cut somewhere if it is possible. Other options I will install are a hitch and a block heater (getting -20/-30 C during winter so i'ts very usefull and I'm addict to black heater;)

Also, I often use a cargo box and bike racks on the roof (already have thule kit and accessories that will fit on the RAV4), so the power sunroof might not be very usefull in my case.

Would like to have your opinions, would you pay 1500$ more for those options? Or another way to ask the question, would you miss one (or more) of these options if you didn't have it?

- Power Back Door
- Power Moonroof
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert
- Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel
- Chrome Inner Door Handles
- Scuff Plates

Thanks for your feedback. I know it's a personnal choice at the end but all comments are welcome.

EDIT : Both LE+ and XLE comes with front heated seats, heated windshield (for wipers), fog light, adaptive cruise control, lane assist and others security features (except blind spot monitor and rear cross trafic alert).

#15 ·
Would like to have your opinions, would you pay 1500$ more for those options? Or another way to ask the question, would you miss one (or more) of these options if you didn't have it?

- Power Back Door
- Power Moonroof
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Scuff Plates

EDIT : Both LE+ and XLE comes with front heated seats, heated windshield (for wipers), fog light, adaptive cruise control, lane assist and others security features (except blind spot monitor and rear cross trafic alert).
I'd readily skip all that stuff especially power lift gate. (i'd pay NOT to have that just out of principle, lol.) For moonroof, had one on a Camry and rarely used, found it more annoying than fun. About the only fluff I liked on the XLE Hybrid was the softex trim on the dash, so would be curious if that is on the LE+. Of much higher priority would be the ride quality and interior sound proofing--hopefully same as XLE.

I'll be glad when the Hybrid LE+ becomes more readily available in the USA so I could check it out. My local dealer was clueless about it, but another dealer in state can special order them. (Thanks forum member Clarinet.) Toyota seems to want to keep this on the down low (in the states) for now, obviously more willing to sell higher end models.

Reactions: Swatch
#14 ·
Swatch,

I have a 2016 RAV4 Hybrid, so a little different, but I really like these options from your list:

- Power Back Door
- Power Moonroof
- Blind Spot Monitor

Could do without the:

Scuff plates seem handy as well.

Just my $.02!

#16 ·
Thanks for your comments. I also need to specify that LE+ only comes in white, grey, silver and black. Electric strom blue and galactic aqua only available with XLE or higher (SE and Limited). Blue was my first choice, might choose black if I choose LE+ instead or XLE. But still not decided, comments are still welcome, thanks!

#17 ·
I agree, regarding the power rear door, being something I could live without. I like the moonroof, even if it is rarely used. However, that would be an item I could pass on. It seems most of the items you listed, come standard, depending on the model. I think, I would look at the LE+, and determine if it has what you could comfortably live with. As you know, you usually need to purchase additional options, in order to get the ones you really want. Of course, that is purposeful.

Options I really wanted:

Heated seats
Softex seats
Bird's Eye View
All auto-safety features
Competent sound system

If it were me, I would go with the XLE, if I thought the LE was too bare bones. Since you are the one sitting behind the wheel, and living with it, you know what you really want, in order to be satisfied.

#18 ·
I'm not 100% sure and didn't check. I understand the non hybrid LE have a smaller front brake disc as used in Corolla. XLE and higher have bigger front brake disc. As for hybrids I'm not sure if they're as non hybrids.

#20 ·
Thanks for the info. That's sad.

On toyota.com, LE plus doesn't seems available. It's not up to date i guess.

I already called a Toyota dealer (in Canada) to make sure that there was no error on Toyota.ca site and the salesman confirmed that electric storm blue is only available on XLE and higher (in Canada).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.