Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2017 TOYOTA RAV4 Hybrid XLE, Smartphone Mirroring System

8K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  NikolaiAK 
#1 · (Edited)
Reactions: blueumbrella
#2 ·
The video resolution will downgrade from HD to analog. Back to VHS standard.
And I assume, the touchscreen and button controls will not work.
So, all you will get is the little larger, but blurry screen.
Just a cheap phone mount on dash will work better.
Search this form for how to enable AV input.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

#3 ·
If nothing else, it was interesting to see how easily it was for him to pull that video head out. I had to have mine replaced, and it's good to know, they didn't need to perform major surgery, to get to it.

#4 ·
Great find thank you for sharing!

It has advantages for me in that I would not have to replace the head unit to use everything from my iPhone. I could just mount the phone lower and mirror everything to the screen. Unlike other stereo upgrades, I would retain the hybrid functionality like I would like to do as I have yet to fin a stereo that retains this part. I noticed a lot of stereo descriptions say they retain OEM features, but the hybrid features are not retained. I'll do a bit more research before I decide if I should pull the trigger and buy.

#5 ·
You cannot Bluetooth and do AV same time. The result is - You will not be able control your phone from car touchscreen or steering.
You will have or BT or AV input. Not both.

If you have an iPhone, you can get a $39.99 AV Adapter and simply ground pin 25 to get AV Input for the same result.
Pins 13-14 for AV analog input.
Touchscreen, playback, FF, Rewind buttons and steering control will not work.
The picture on iPhone screen will be sharper than on headunit.

Plus adapter:

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.