Join Date: May 2013
Thanked 53 Times in 29 Posts
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Page 209 in the manual will give you a bit of insight.
- Gas pedal less responsive--helps prevent jack rabbit starts and unnecessarily quick acceleration when resuming cruise control
- Softer shifts
- Transmission shifts into higher gears sooner to maintain lower engine RPM
- Reduces air conditioner compressor draw on electrical system
- Essentially the opposite of ECO Mode
- Transmission holds gears longer to keep engine at higher RPMs
- Firmer shifts
- Gas pedal very responsive to actuation
I drive in ECO mode 90% of the time. I find that the vehicle provides more than what I need under normal driving circumstances. If for some reason I need a shot of power, I just put the pedal to the floor.