Traffic and doppler weather radar coming to your dash - Toyota RAV4 Forums
Toyota Discussions about Toyota in general.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 01-07-2013, 12:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Traffic and doppler weather radar coming to your dash

Interesting tech announcement (via radio/music trade site AllAccess.com):
---

CLEAR CHANNEL MUSIC + ENTERTAINMENT's TOTAL TRAFFIC NETWORK is teaming with TOYOTA MOTOR SALES USA, in a three-year deal, to integrate real-time traffic and THE WEATHER CHANNEL information into the dashboards of select 2013 calendar year TOYOTA and LEXUS models. These cars will feature the first consumer facing real-time delivery of information and graphics inside a vehicle via an HD RADIO signal.

Select TOYOTA and LEXUS audio systems will feature an integrated in-dash display of CLEAR CHANNEL's TOTAL TRAFFIC NETWORK (TTN) services that is available subscription free and do not require any data plans while in range of more than 350 HD Radio stations. TOYOTA also plans to expand the service coverage beyond the HD boundaries for those vehicles equipped with ENTUNE by providing these same services through a customer's cell phone.

Here are the featured in-dash services provided by TTN:

*Doppler Weather radar: Drivers will have instant access to The Weather Channel's Doppler weather radar overlaid onto their existing in-dash navigation map.

*Current weather conditions and forecasts: Drivers will be able to easily access The Weather Channel's local and national forecasts for over 120 cities with a touch of the console screen.

*Real-time traffic: These easy-to-understand maps and incident coverage reports are updated every two minutes and offer current conditions, as well as upcoming 15-, 30- and 45-minute predictive traffic information.

CCM+E President/National Media Groups KEVIN DORSEY commented, "Innovation is an essential part of what we do including leveraging our national distribution platform in new ways. This new agreement with TOYOTA highlights our ability to leverage our distribution, programming and technology platforms to bring consumers what they want, where they want it and without annoying subscriptions. Our digital expertise helps to provide one-of-a-kind solutions for our partners and we are looking forward to joining forces with TOYOTA to further enhance the driving experience."

TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, USA, VP/Connected Vehicle Technologies JON BUCCI added, "We are excited about this value oriented solution for providing important services to our customers. The strengthening of our partnership with CLEAR CHANNEL MEDIA AND ENTERTAINMENT provides even more in-vehicle experiences by bringing real-time information to our customers."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:43 AM

I can't wait to test drive (and likely buy) the 2013!
#3 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 08:49 AM
Advanced Member

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to Veliksam
Um... I already have all those services in my 2012

Sent from my HTC ONE X

-----2012 V6 Sport, Tow Prep, & 4x4-----
HU: Kenwood DNN991HD & back-up cam,
JDM HID Projector Headlights w/Toshiba D4S Bulbs, JDM Vanguard Tail Lights
Front DRL's, LED Bumper Park/Brake lights,
Laser Interceptor Quad & Passport 9500ix
Red "SPORT" Theme
----------
#4 (permalink) Old 01-08-2013, 09:08 AM

My 2004 Highlander doesn't even have the temperature on the dash! I loooove that vehicle and will miss it. It has been wonderful, but it's time. And I want lots of technology with the next one. :-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page