Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Dashboard rattle, dealership has failed 3 times to fix it

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  misterdee 
#1 ·
My new (July) 2013 RAV4 has an incredibly annoying dashboard squeak/rattle. On bumpy roads it sounds like a 15 year-old junker about to fly apart. The location of the problem is easy to find: there is one particular spot on the dash, just to the right of the center console under the passenger side air vent, that squeaks every time you touch it.

I've brought it to the dealership 3 times. Each time they claim they removed the dashboard and re-insulated the area. Each time the squeak returns within 24 hours at most. Once it was still present even when I picked up the car (but I was in a rush and didn't have time to make a fuss).

Of course it's covered by warranty but it's getting very annoying to bring the car in for this. Of course the dealership doesn't mind as they get to charge every visit to Toyota. I've called Toyota Canada's customer line and they just pointed me back to the dealership, suggesting I talk to the service manager.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?

#4 ·
Well I called Toyota Canada to see if they'd recommend a different mechanic, but they said the dealership handles all warranty support.

I made an appointment with the dealership's service manager for Monday morning. Toyota Canada also called the service manager, then called me back to let me know they were monitoring the situation. I know from the past that Toyota pays pretty close attention to its dealerships.

#6 ·
Well I called Toyota Canada to see if they'd recommend a different mechanic, but they said the dealership handles all warranty support.

I made an appointment with the dealership's service manager for Monday morning. Toyota Canada also called the service manager, then called me back to let me know they were monitoring the situation. I know from the past that Toyota pays pretty close attention to its dealerships.
I'm surprised to hear that... my wifes Venza has been in 9 times to fix a front end clunk, dealership says it's in the hands of Toyota Canada now... Toyota Canada says they have no file on the car... so we wanted to open a complaint about the dealership, they said that it was not usefull to do so at this point... yeah, dealership lied to use, and is giving us the run around for the last 10 months, and the problem is not fixed after 75% of the front end was changed...

I'm 99% sure it's a bad CV joint, but they say it's imposible...

#8 ·
Gatineau Toyota... same quality service offerred at Villa Toyota... my wife for some reason does'nt want to have her car serviced in Ottawa, even if we both work 5 minutes from Mendez toyota...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.