2014 RAV4 vs 2014 Nissan Rogue - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 01:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sorry to leave u guys hanging. Mostly it was fit and finish defects. Gaps vibrations noise etc. Most could have been fixed with a few bucks or even a few cents worth of adhesives or pads. Or perhaps an extra employee to do more quality checks. Hiring more people sounds like alot but really its less than a cup of coffe per vehicle to fix the problems. Its when you add those miniscule costs over an entire production run where you see a companys commitment to quality vs cost. This is where Toyota gets it right. You pay more for a Toyota but that extra cost really does reflect on what quality of a vehicle you get in the end.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 01:12 PM

Toyota would rather spend a ton of money to ensure consistant quality than save a few cents per car for the status quo. Continuous improvement is a pillar of Toyotas policies.
#23 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Kind of runs contrary to what I have seen on this forum concerning the transmission used on the 2006-2012 V6 5-speed transmission. Why not use the right transmission in all RAVs when a new one was developed? That's what you would expect from a company who wants to deliver quality to their customer.

I know that it is cheaper for them to fix it after the defect becomes noticeable since not not all V6 RAVs had the issue (you would not know more but I suppose Toyota had a stockpile of those transmissions or may be there were other reasons) but what about those who find the problem after warranty is over? They are screwed!

BTW, I have an I4, but the way Toyota handled this situation reminds me that, afterall, they are still a corporation who needs to turn a profit and pay dividends to shareholder.

I always value an insider input. So even if I do not agree completely with what you say, I still want to hear more from you

2008 Base Rav4, 4 Cylinder, 4WD
My upgrades Allen Spare tire Bike Rack
Currently listening to "Queensryche" - Operation Mindcrime
#24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2014, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanib View Post
Kind of runs contrary to what I have seen on this forum concerning the transmission used on the 2006-2012 V6 5-speed transmission. Why not use the right transmission in all RAVs when a new one was developed? That's what you would expect from a company who wants to deliver quality to their customer.
I had one of those trannies in my '11 V6 LTD. It whined occasionally, but I didn't care, as it was leased. The 4.4 RAV is so far ahead of the 4.3 models in terms of NVH improvement and overall execution that it's no wonder the 4.4 has been a runaway hit for Toyota, even with only the 2.5 I4 as its sole engine.

2013 XLE AWD white
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page