Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

My 2013 Rav4 Transformation thread

101K views 133 replies 47 participants last post by  Nodnerb 
#1 · (Edited)
My 2013 Rav4 Transformation thread ** Updated pics page 5-6**

So back in feb. of 2012 i traded in my 2011 scion tc for something bigger, so i fell in love with the new redesigned Rav4 and i got it.. I told myself i wasn't gonna do anything to it or mod things, but that didn't take long for me to break that idea.. i started toying with it, changing things and adding additions, so here is a quick run down of what i have done in the past year and a half..

Ahh.. here she is the day i brought it home.. her untouched virgin self..

See less See more
#27 ·
Question please RageXD,

Been waiting for mine and decided against going for the Toyota supplied sat nav. Was planning to get an external TomTom unit and the way you located yours looks very cool. Could you share please how you installed it there? How many inches is your GPS unit? Was thinking about getting the TomTom Go 600 here in NZ and wondering if I could install it with the provided screen attachment the same way you have? Sry I'm a noob when it comes to things like this.

Many thanks and props on the mods, very sweet ride mate.

#7 ·
fast forward to present day.. the past week i went extreme on doing what i love to do, lowering cars and stancing them out..

Then over that same weekend, i went and got some need wheels to go with the new look

painted the calipers black

Added a 20mm spacer in the rear to push out the wheel

#15 ·
All I can say is , WOW! Now, on the practical side, did you keep a record of all costs incurred? I would be interested in what these types of customizations cost. You obviously have a lot of skill and talent to be able to do most upgrades yourself. Keep up the good work and happy motoring! :thumbs_up:

#17 ·
Thanks guys... As for records of cost... All modifications, fabrication, electronics.. Etc.. are done by me... Been toying and working on cars for 16 years now... Gives myself a sense of accomplishment and pride in my work..

As for what is next... I have something in mind.. I'm not done yet, with some hope, I'll have what I'm doing next by June.

#21 ·
#22 ·
I noticed in your pics that the input selection screen is in a 2x3 mode, not the layered window mode...
I mean on mine, I have to select 'all' to get that 2x3 mode. Is there a way to make the 2x3 layout the default display?
I cannot stand the layered windows one..
Thanks
Tony (also western burbs)

#33 · (Edited)
Hi RageXD, I'm also interested in that picture... (the garmin mount) This is exactly where I put my garmin but it just hangs there in the cup holder...I was looking for a cupholder mount but hate to loose a cupholder for the long trips...
Just got a '14 rav4 in January (also charcoal ) and was looking to delete rear badges and blackout everything, with your pics I now know what it would look like and I love it!!

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.