Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Blizzard Pearl vs. White?

67K views 22 replies 17 participants last post by  razorpit 
#1 ·
Was on the lot today and came across a 2014 in Blizzard Pearl sitting next to a 2014 in White. The Blizzard Pearl had $395 Special Color on the sticker sheet and the two look completely different. Just confused because the Toyota site doesn't even have plain white as an exterior color option. The Blizzard Pearl is gorgeous!

#3 ·
Its worth the $395 imo.

#5 ·
I believe the Pearl White is only available in the Limited trim while the White is available in the LE and XLE trims

#7 ·
^ Heard the same on other boards that I frequent!

#15 · (Edited)
When I bought my Blizzard Pearl Limited it had some serious hits on the front bumper that removed the paint entirely. It was, and still is, matched perfectly. In all honesty the guy half assed it initially and left a great thumb print :)shrug:) right in the middle of the repair so I refused to buy the car. That was quickly sorted and still looks perfect.

Point being it may be more difficult to repair but that does not mean that it cannot be done correctly.

#17 ·
The Bilzzard Pearl is hard to match when you have a accident, Even factory OEM colored parts is not the same. I had 2011 Limited Blizzard Pearl and had a Near ended accident, I bring it back to the Toyota dealer to repair the body work since I don't have to pay for the repair. The repair out come is more Pearl color than my original paint on my near door. The Factory OEM replacement that spare tire cover and around it is more White than original too. That drive me crazy. If the dealer body shop did not able to do 100% match, Please put it on your list to watch out. I traded in my 2011 to 2013 Blue Limited for trying other color.

I guess if you go for the Limited, why give Blizzard Pearl a try because that color is only offer in Limited trim. And I still love Blizzard Pearl.

Enjoy....

#18 ·
We have a 2004 Sienna Limited with Blizzard Pearl. Unfortunately it has seen the body shop a few times and so far all the painting has matched perfectly. I don't think it is hard to match if you have a reasonably skilled painter. It's well worth the cost. If you're getting bad results with your repairs then you need to find a new shop, not run from a beautiful color. I prefer a metal flake paint since they seem to resist fading much greater than a flat paint.

#21 ·
I use to love white cars but now my fear of white paint is the number of vehicles you see on the road with the white just pealing off of them. I had one myself. The paint started coming off the roof and hood in large pieces. It was said the paint never bonded to the metal. Note, it wasn't a Toyota but I have seen it happening on multiple brands.

#22 ·
razorpit;2155681 The paint started coming off the roof and hood in large pieces. It was said the paint never bonded to the metal. Note said:
If the paint didn't stay adhered to the metal, it has nothing to do with the color. The primer coat is what is adhered to the metal. The primer's whole role is to adhere to the metal and then provide a surface that is very easy for the color coat to attach to. If either of those separations occur, it is the primer that is not doing its part.

#23 ·
I agree to a certain extent, but somehow I always thought there was something in the white paint that made the issue even worse. The only other color I see that has similar issues are the mahogany red type of color. I never saw the same peeling happening on black/silver/grey cars.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.