Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Subscribe to Technical Information System (TIS)

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  JuneBug 
#1 ·
For the 2014 RAV4s (I guess since 2012 models) I can't seem to find any publisher (e.g. Helm) that carries the OEM printed version of the Service (Repair/Shop) Manuals, not even in CDs... Am I just not looking at the right places or do I need to subscribe to the TIS?

Has anyone subscribed to the TIS and can advice if all I want is to download maintenance related procedure & information (i.e. Torque specs on caliper screws when replacing brake pads, how to properly replace coolant including engine block drain plus and etc.) world TIS allow downloads for personal use? If there is a limit to how much info one can download say for a 2-days subscription? I spoke with one of the Toyota Customer Support, she basically said that the TIS has all the information I need...

Thanks in advance for any feedback. BTW, I am all for buying the OEM Hardcopy (or CDs) if available.

#2 ·
What I have done in the past is subscribe for 48 hours, and download all the information I need. I was able to download the electrical wiring guide which was in PDF format. However, the regular service manual uses a proprietary reader, BUT, the do allow you to print. So, I installed the free Bullzip PDF printer driver which allows me to "print" documents to a PDF on the hard drive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.