Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

[The Fast Lane Car] Offroad/snow review 2015 CR-V vs. 2015 Rav4

22K views 12 replies 5 participants last post by  Leonard1818 
#1 ·
Sorry if this has been posted... I did not see this until last night!

Tried to post it in the review sub-forum but I don't have rights. Oh well!

It's broken into 2 parts so when the first is done, you can FF to 17:32 for the beginning of part 2.

I'm very glad these guys took the time to do this. I was very under-impressed with their first Rav4 review.

#7 ·
They're very close in many ways but I think the "complaints" about the Rav4 are more subjective than the "complaints" about the CR-V.

For instance -- ride harshness. I believe in TFLC video they commented about the harshness of the ride in the Toyota being "worse" than the CR-V. I believe it's true, but it's very hard to measure and one person's opinion may be that it's just fine. heck, they may *WANT* a bit more "road feel" as I call it... I like that the Rav4 rides very similarly to my Civic Si.

Another example would be the interior. This is, obviously, very subjective. While I agree that all the fake carbon fiber looks silly in the Rav4, it may not look that way to everyone. Heck, my wife didn't even realize it was "fake carbon fiber"... just thought it was a patterned black plastic.

Other things that they indicated to be different between the two vehicles are more measurable. For example, the ability to push a button and send 50% of the power to the rear wheels in the Rav. That exists. The 0.5" more ground clearance on the CR-V... that exists (though neither are really that tall).

In other words, their findings are just as mine were... Everything is so virtually similar, you have to pay attention to very minute details that are MARGINALLY better on one vehicle versus the other to come to a final decision.

#9 ·
Ya know... I thought the exact same thing... Their scoring system went to pot when the vehicles got the same score, yet different advisement.

It sounded to me like they preferred the capabilities of the Rav4 a bit more than the CR-V. To me, that's far more important than the fake CF trim pieces and tires... which, the Rav4 comes with several different OEM tires fitted... so that's not even a real benchmark.

Edit: and I'm sorry if I offend anyone here but I think leasing is pretty dumb most of the time... so the whole "buy it/lease it" thing is a dumb thing to even mention anyway...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.