What are you NOT happy about with your Rav4? - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 09:10 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
stock audio can't play any lossless audio file like flac, ape, wav................
The Following User Says Thank You to tomato123 For This Useful Post:
vanib (02-04-2015)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by katekebo View Post
This is not a unique RAV's issue. It happens with many cars on very cold weather. What happens is that a small amount of air is directed towards the windshield through the defroster openings, it hits the ice-cold windshield, and then blows over the dash straight onto your hands on the steering wheel. I can feel it in every car I drive - my wife's Highlander, my Venza, and my son's Dodge Avenger. The "cure" is to increase the defroster air flow by changing the settings manually. You will find similar complaints on other automotive forums (for example Subaru Outback). In some cars it becomes noticeable around freezing temperatures, in others it takes much lower temperature.
I left or agree on some things too, I would like a headlight on indicator too! And yes the huge crash sounds when going over bumps in the road.

For coldness I know what you are saying, but on my 03 accord never had this problem. I mean yes the bottom of windsheild would get cold if I had floor setting. But never got cold air like I am getting on rav. I think its a cheap design on their part. I guess by my past post. I am no toyota fanboy to the extreme. I like it and think they make reliable cars. Thanks for the explanation. But dont you think this should not be happening. i mean why should I have to change the setting if I want a particular one and I get cold air coming thru on that setting. For me it another example. How auto companies ask now for top dollar and customer gets less in return.

O ya the seats still are extremely uncomfortable. Do I regret buying it not yet. Probably not ever but probably will not keep for ever. At least my thinking changes on a daily basis. LOL cant help myself.
post #13 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I wish my Rav4 had an interior light switch on the dash that turned on all the interior lights, like my Tacoma had.

2015 Magnetic Gray Metallic LE AWD

post #14 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 12:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
beating a dead horse here: Lights on window switches and lock switch. Navi that can't be used by passenger while in-motion. Wish the interior lights lit up quicker.
post #15 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 03:02 PM

I'm only a month in with a 2015 limited AWD with tech package and jbl. The only thing that's really bothering me so far is there's no place for the garage door opener. I've been keeping it in the weirdo triangle cubby. I don't like it on the visor.

The other annoyance is that the BSM doesn't beep at me when it signal a lane change and it's lit up. My Mazda did and I liked that feature.

Other than those minor things, I love it so far. I hated the pos cx5 with all my being so I'm glad to have the rav.
post #16 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tara525 View Post
I'm only a month in with a 2015 limited AWD with tech package and jbl. The only thing that's really bothering me so far is there's no place for the garage door opener. I've been keeping it in the weirdo triangle cubby. I don't like it on the visor.

The other annoyance is that the BSM doesn't beep at me when it signal a lane change and it's lit up. My Mazda did and I liked that feature.

Other than those minor things, I love it so far. I hated the pos cx5 with all my being so I'm glad to have the rav.
You had a cx-5? What did you hate about it? I had one for 2 years or so.
I loved almost everything about it. Except the underpowered 2.0 (2013 GT) and lethargic throttle response. That and the fact that it would stall on me a lot in winter and Mazda wasn't interested in even investigating it. But it was a well put together car with much better materials than the rav and looked amazing.

However, my rav has been 100% reliable and dependable. Oddly, a car that starts and keeps running is high enough on my priority list to trade the cx-5 for the rav, despite the $ loss.

2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
post #17 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nodnerb View Post
Quote:

You had a cx-5? What did you hate about it? I had one too.
What didn't I hate about it, lol? I had a 2013 Touring that I got May 2012.

Transmission freaked out at 4,000 and 17,000 miles to the point it wouldn't accelerate or go past first gear. Dealership kept it for days each time and had to contact Mazda to figure out what to do.

Side mirror and hood constantly vibrating to the point I couldn't use the mirror.

Random rattles and squeaks all the time. Felt like a very cheaply made unstable vehicle.

Poor headlights on dark hilly windy back roads. Made it scary to drive because they didn't illuminate the whole area.

Ridiculously horrible acceleration. There was no "zoom zoom". It was a 2.0 but it was horrible going up even very slight hills. I had to floor the pedal many times.

It didn't like to start when it was cold outside, even though it was kept in an insulated garage. Living in Ohio, having a brand new car that won't start in the cold is completely unacceptable.

I could go on and on, Lol.

Last edited by Tara525; 02-04-2015 at 03:22 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Tara525 For This Useful Post:
Leonard1818 (02-05-2015)
post #18 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 04:26 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
What didn't I hate about it, lol? I had a 2013 Touring that I got May 2012.

Transmission freaked out at 4,000 and 17,000 miles to the point it wouldn't accelerate or go past first gear. Dealership kept it for days each time and had to contact Mazda to figure out what to do.

Side mirror and hood constantly vibrating to the point I couldn't use the mirror.

Random rattles and squeaks all the time. Felt like a very cheaply made unstable vehicle.

Poor headlights on dark hilly windy back roads. Made it scary to drive because they didn't illuminate the whole area.

Ridiculously horrible acceleration. There was no "zoom zoom". It was a 2.0 but it was horrible going up even very slight hills. I had to floor the pedal many times.

It didn't like to start when it was cold outside, even though it was kept in an insulated garage. Living in Ohio, having a brand new car that won't start in the cold is completely unacceptable.

I could go on and on, Lol.
Hmmm, so some similar issues. Yeah, the 2.0 cx-5 was not a hill climber that's for sure. I'd lose 10 km/hr just going up an overpass unless I floored it. Oh well, now we have RAV 4s and our issues are very minor.

I guess we can un hijack this thread and let it get back to the gloriously minor nitpicky issues with the wonderful RAV.

2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited
post #19 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 05:02 PM

I don't like the lack of a transmission dip stick, thats it.
post #20 of 669 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 07:26 PM

Last edited by PlowTown; 08-23-2015 at 12:29 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page