What are you NOT happy about with your Rav4? - Page 56 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #551 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't agree more with the clock responses, my wife's 14 has it up there, on my 16 LE, that black bar seems to be a lame place holder that never displays anything minus the airbag area all the way over on the right side. Things that look like they do something but don't, bother me. Just like the empty led area on the headlights.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #552 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 02:48 PM

I'm not impressed with the MPG about 21mpg, and a full tank only gives me 250 miles average, bucket seats are bit uncomfortable, only one light on the trunk, no led's headlights on the XLE. No key fob? even the corolla comes with all these features.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rav_XLE For This Useful Post:
evrevo (01-04-2017)
post #553 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 04:41 AM

I don't like LED headlight on my Limited. Blinding oncoming traffic and myself. The color is not natural.

post #554 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragnarok View Post
Just one complaint really. It bugs me how the car stays in Eco mode after turning it off and on, but not Sport mode.
Maybe they don't want you in Sport mode 24/7/365. One guy had an early trans rebuild and he was using sport mode all the time. Not saying that was the reason, just some data to absorb. I told the wife to use sport mode only on snow covered streets or snowing days and heavy rain in summer. Of course we will use all on awd when pulling out our small boat from landings.
post #555 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mainia View Post
Maybe they don't want you in Sport mode 24/7/365. One guy had an early trans rebuild and he was using sport mode all the time. Not saying that was the reason, just some data to absorb. I told the wife to use sport mode only on snow covered streets or snowing days and heavy rain in summer. Of course we will use all on awd when pulling out our small boat from landings.
I could only imagine that was coincidence, I honestly can't stand the shifting unless it's in sport. Granted sport's shifts can be a little more abrupt once in a while but they are mostly smooth and sharp.

Without sport, the Rav shifts probably twice as much if not more during city driving which I would guess causes more wear than less though quicker shifts at higher rpm. I also hate how normal/eco will lug the engine which isn't good for it, again probably not an issue since this old thing is most likely bullet proof by now.

In the end, with how I've seen extremely poor rated vehicles from Dodge/Fiat treated/abused, and yet run trouble free for 100k miles, I will chalk up about any issue I encounter with my well maintained Toyota to bad luck.
post #556 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 09:25 AM

It's really annoying how dirty my XLE gets when I don't wash it. The oil gets worn out the more I drive it. Really not acceptable. And the absolute worst part is how fuel level drops as I drive it.

Seriously, we all should feel lucky most of our complaints are trivial compared to the competition. Check out the forums for the Escape, Trailblazer, Jeep, etc. They're full of serious drive train issues.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to LongRifle For This Useful Post:
internalaudit (01-05-2017), Quickdtoo (01-04-2017), Swizzcapz (01-04-2017), Win262 (01-04-2017)
post #557 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:14 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongRifle View Post
It's really annoying how dirty my XLE gets when I don't wash it. The oil gets worn out the more I drive it. Really not acceptable. And the absolute worst part is how fuel level drops as I drive it.

Seriously, we all should feel lucky most of our complaints are trivial compared to the competition. Check out the forums for the Escape, Trailblazer, Jeep, etc. They're full of serious drive train issues.
Really. I will go along with that 100%. I have mine since May 19, 2016 and I love it! I am sure if you look hard enough there is always something with which to find fault, but so far, with 5120 miles, no complaints, no "bugs" and that is more than I can say for most new cars that I have owned and I have been buying cars for a long time. However I am waiting for the part for the liftgate which is under the recall for the computer fail. But so far, mine is working correctly anyway. I even like the ride and handling very much. Lots of room and great gas mileage.

2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited, Magnetic Gray Metallic/Ash Interior
post #558 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-04-2017, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Win262 View Post
Really. I will go along with that 100%. I have mine since May 19, 2016 and I love it! I am sure if you look hard enough there is always something with which to find fault, but so far, with 5120 miles, no complaints, no "bugs" and that is more than I can say for most new cars that I have owned and I have been buying cars for a long time. However I am waiting for the part for the liftgate which is under the recall for the computer fail. But so far, mine is working correctly anyway. I even like the ride and handling very much. Lots of room and great gas mileage.

I got mine 4/2/16 and have exactly the same mileage as yours! I test drove a '13 XLE when it first came out. I have to commend Toyota for listening to its customers and critics because they did an awesome job addressing the ride noise and quality complaints. My '16 XLE is quieter than my Camry. Now only if Toyota can make it handle the same, but it is still an SUV after all. I've taken mine to Pismo Beach and Vegas (from the San Francisco Bay Area) and loved every minute of it!

PS: Am I the only one that thinks Satellite radio should be free? Along with Calendars and pens....LOL
post #559 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 12:27 PM

Send a message via AIM to azebr00k Send a message via MSN to azebr00k
No where to put my cell phone

I have a 2016 Hybrid. I use a small bluetooth device to monitor my driving (from State Farm) and it requires my phone be in the bluetooth mode while driving. Therefore, I like to have my phone plugged into the 12v power port while driving. My Galaxy S7 is slightly too large for the little flat tray in the rear of the console. With the power plugged in, it falls out onto the passenger floor when turning left. With both cup holders full with drinks, there really isnt anywhere to put the phone with out the cord being a challenge. Dash is not flat so not ideal. Air vents are vertical and the cell phone holders that depress and latch to the slats dont fit. Tried one of the cupholder inserts that hold a cup and add a couple of slots, but it really crowds the gear shifter when in drive. PIA!!!!

Anyone found an answer???
post #560 of 667 (permalink) Old 01-17-2017, 01:27 PM

2017 Hybrid - Driven mostly Honda's but have no regrets. I think Honda does a better job shaping the storage areas and providing nooks and crannies for things. I'm also bummed I cannot easily use by cell phone vent clip so I've been looking around for other solutions to get my Waze addiction back.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page