Disappointed in first service visit - Page 2 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 09:56 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclass555 View Post
Like i said before, I tried to make an appointment. They told me I didn't need one and to just bring it in. I even told the person it only had 2,000 miles and they said it still needed service at 6 months
Yeah, after I posted I figured it must be the 6 months not the miles. With the notices and calls I agree all you were doing was what they insisted on. So my bad - and definitely their bad. They do indeed owe you the royal treatment the next time.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-28-2015, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dyno View Post
Yeah, after I posted I figured it must be the 6 months not the miles. With the notices and calls I agree all you were doing was what they insisted on. So my bad - and definitely their bad. The do indeed owe you the royal treatment the next time. .
Thanks for your updated reply
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 01:09 AM

That's why I usually shop around for dealers, even for service. If I like their service, then I will stay to them. Some dealers don't really care for their customers, especially if it is a warranty work or still under Toyota Care program. I live 5 miles away from a Toyota dealer but I still bring my car to another dealer which is 30 miles away cos the ambiance is totally different (like a Lexus or Mercedes dealer) and they really take care of me. They even serve freshly bake cookies at 10am and serve it to their customers personally.

post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 01:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by karrock View Post
Keep the conversations civil, folks. I don't want to have to lock down this thread, but I will if I have to.
Mr. Super Moderator was a bit harsh. All the poor guy was doing was what Toyota told him to do.. 6 month service, no appt needed. Maybe his expectation of what they do was a little high but he could have been treated better, at the dealer and here.

BTW, welcome. Our '14 is about to hit 10K/1 year so off we go, hope the crumpets are fresh.

2014 XLE fwd, shoreline blue
The Following User Says Thank You to Azjeff For This Useful Post:
mclass555 (04-29-2015)
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 08:30 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Dyno View Post
What amazes me is you would take a new car into a dealer with only 2000 miles on it. Must have time on your hands. I'm sure the dealer thought the same.
I also toatally agree with above. Only 2k and want tires rotated? Dont get it.
but I too dislike my dealer but for other reasons. One being arrogant.

Hey the place could have been busy. You never mentioned that? Just asking. I have taken cars to dealers and either left them, or most places have a shuttle to take u to a store and will come and pick u up afterwards at least the ones by me. I dont live in a major area either. I have no idea where u live, could be middle of nowhere then thats different. IMHO.

Last edited by manhog; 04-29-2015 at 08:35 AM. Reason: left out something.
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azjeff View Post
Mr. Super Moderator was a bit harsh. All the poor guy was doing was what Toyota told him to do.. 6 month service, no appt needed. Maybe his expectation of what they do was a little high but he could have been treated better, at the dealer and here.
Agreed, and I kinda started it. But we didn't know about the calls and the notice (with the lady holding the Toyota coffee cup) at our first posts. And the OP's expectations were certainly unreasonable for 2000 miles. There's probably a list in the owner's service booklet. All the dealer is going to do is check off a bunch of boxes on a list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by manhog View Post
I also totally agree with above. Only 2k and want tires rotated? Don't get it.
But I too dislike my dealer but for other reasons. One being arrogant.

Hey the place could have been busy. You never mentioned that? Just asking. I have taken cars to dealers and either left them, or most places have a shuttle to take u to a store and will come and pick u up afterwards at least the ones by me. I don't live in a major area either. I have no idea where u live, could be middle of nowhere then that's different.
With a 2 1/2 hour wait apparently it was very busy or they could have been understaffed that day. But the effect of the delay does depend on how far the customer has to drive. Was it 5 minutes or an hour? Even when I had a couple new Hondas I did my own oil changes cause it was quicker than driving and waiting at the dealer 1/2 hour away.

I doubt they were being arrogant probably just trying to deal with many other frustrated customers who may also have had unrealistic expectations, even demands. I bet everyone was glad when that day was over!

Hopefully the OP's next visit will be more civil all around. The lady will be there pouring the coffee. And maybe the OP will take in donuts for all.
BTW, where do you buy fresh crumpets?
The Following User Says Thank You to Dr. Dyno For This Useful Post:
mclass555 (04-29-2015)
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 09:44 AM

Garage
Not every Toyota dealership are like that. As many posted, switch to another dealership if you have the choice. But, before you switch (or not switch) dealership, it's that particular Service Writer who gave you the unprofessional comment, so I would (and I had before to my dealership), Inform his/her higher management team if that is how they expect their employees treat their customers. You voice should be heard, regardless of how many times and/or how soon you take your vehicle to your dealership. I do understand that there is the remote possibility some individuals may take that personally since they have your address and personal information in their database, so do raise your concerns/issues professionally with or without specific mentioning (of your choice) of the specific Service Writer.

BTW, it is normal that new owners take special care of their new vehicles. I am sure many if not all new car owners been there and appreciate that.
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 10:00 AM
Advanced Member

I was harsh and for that I apologize to mclass555 and all members. No excuses, I was out of line and snarky. The dealer did indeed waste your time but I still believe some of your expectations were unreasonable.

2008 Base V-6
2008 Limited V-6
Tow Prep Package & front wheel drive (both)
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 01:06 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RTexasF View Post
I was harsh and for that I apologize to mclass555 and all members. No excuses, I was out of line and snarky. The dealer did indeed waste your time but I still believe some of your expectations were unreasonable.
Thanks for your undated reply.
When I bought my New Toyota the salesman kept talking about how great the service dept is and insisted he show it to me. We walk over and sure enough it was set up like a coffee house (sofas and little round tables and chairs). He even pointed to the coffee and a tray of what looked to be donuts crumbs ( it was late in the evening then).
Like I said this is my first Toyota and I thought this is the Toyota way.
Here is a screen shot from their website. I blacked out their name and location.

post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 04-29-2015, 01:50 PM

Garage
At minimum today, they should offer free WiFi, nice screen size TV for the waiting area and free decent coffee; as for the free manicures and lunch everyday... Hmmm, I would research and compare their parts and services charges to make sure that u r not paying someone else's lunch and whatever cures every day... Very interesting! Thx for sharing.

P.S. sounds like the one on Fletcher Ave... LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page