Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Factory Tint Level on 2015 XLE?

10K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  uncletr21 
#1 ·
Hello all,I was wondering what the factory tint level is that comes with the car from the factory.

#5 ·
The Aus version comes with 35% light transmission(our darkest legal tint). It has 80% heat blocking and 93% UV blocking.
It protects us from the sun pretty well, which means we get to focus more on all of the flora and fauna that's constantly trying to kills us ;-)

#8 ·
I'm googling and trying to understand this better. Say the meter shows 28 on the rear and +/-3, it could be 30. This is called a "VTL" level when picking tints, right?

The link says for FL "No vehicle’s side windows may be tinted with a material that has a total solar reflectance of visible light of not more than 25% and a light transmittance of at least 28% in the visible light range."

So, FL VTL side windows must be 28% or higher, right? Factory side windows at max. When people say they did "20% tint to match" are they referencing the VTL and if yes, wouldn't this be illegal in FL?

Next part of FL section in link says "The windows behind the driver may not be tinted with a screening material consisting of film that has a total solar reflectance of not more than 35% and a light transmittance of less than 15% in the visible light range;"

Are they saying the TSER (% TOTAL SOLAR ENERGY REJECTION) must be under 35? The double "not's" are confusing me as well.

http://www.suntekfilms.com/files/8268_suntek_indv_specsheet_auto_CXP.pdf

The lowest TSER in the link is 44.

For this particular product of tint, it would seem CXP 35 (with a VLT = 33) would be as dark as could go in FL because need VLT =>28 .

Glass/Window Tinting - AAA Digest of Motor Laws

Anything I'm missing?

What about the front windshield itself? What do people recommend to stay legal and see well at night and block heat?

Thanks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.