Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

paint protection filem Vs ceramin pro

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  ayekay 
#1 ·
picked up a new limited and the dealer is offering a paint protection film which covers the front hood and fenders. also found a different dealer offering ceramic pro coating on the entire cars for around the same price..

has anyone tried any of these options ? any thoughts suggestions ?

I'm mostly looking to protect the sides from other car doors in parking lots.

#2 ·
I've installed a lot of coatings, never heard of ceramic pro... coatings are just super durable waxes, they won't do anything against rock chips, door dings or scratches

if you want to protect the sides from other cars, install a side moulding, and park at the end of the parking lot.

Reactions: ayekay
#3 ·
Of the two Ceramic Pro would be the way to go especially at almost the same price. You must make sure the installer is trained and that the dealer is an authorized reseller.

As Octane said neither one offers ding protection. The Ceramic Pro is a coating for the paint giving it long term protection (years) and ease of maintenance.

#4 ·
I can't see how Ceramic Pro could be the same price as protective film unless it's a short-cut application, perhaps one coat. Application is about as labor intensive as a paint job, and requires infra-red curing. Can someone set me straight on this?

#5 ·
thanks everyone.. the ceramic coat price is for a single coat.. the triple coat option is >2K.. I've decided to go with the full paint protection film which covers, hood, fenders, mirrors and door handles and install the body side moldings for the parking lot scenarios.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.