RAV4 picture thread - Page 6 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 12-08-2016, 02:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Garage
I'll show you mine if you show me yours :P
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-07-2017, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Hi guys, I'm new to the forums. I wanted to show off my 2016 RAV4 XLE I got earlier this year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2016 RAV4.jpg (65.2 KB, 100 views)
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 01:51 AM

Nice! I really like your color.

post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-08-2017, 08:51 AM

2017 RAV4 XLE

Picked up our new 2017 RAV 4 on December 9, 2016, wife birthday. Color is black currant, since the day of possession I have added the factory running boards, factory fender splash guards front and rear, weather tec floor mats (front, rear and cargo area), window vents, factory door sill plate protectors, factory rear bumper protector, color matched body moldings and finally a tow hitch. This morning I added up what I spent, after I purchased the vehicle, and was amazed at how much I spent!

The front fender splash guards were a bit of challenge. After covering the entire bottom portions with blue painters tape I held them in place while tracing out the nose of the running boards. With a dremel tool I carefully cut out the traced area. Took me about one hour per side. The splash guard now fit perfectly over the nose of the running board. This has cut down on a lot of the road silt coming up onto the running boards. Still I noticed some open space to the inside areas both front and back. When it warms up I will tackle that in hopes of closing them. I don't like the road silt covering the lower inside plastic trim on the doors.

We really enjoy the looks and ride of the RAV4. With the rear seats down we have ample room for all of our metal detecting toys! My other vehicle is a 96 Impala SS that is just about ready to turn 8,000 miles!

I just ordered a new set of Fiamm El Grande (#74100) horns. Praying they turn out to be a better attention getter than the meek sounding horns the RAV4 came with! Sad when the wife laughed and said what is that? When I told her it was the horns she laughed harder!

Larry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2017 RAV4 2.jpg (168.1 KB, 113 views)
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Deputy347k9 For This Useful Post:
Glideslope (03-23-2017), Rav_XLE (01-08-2017)
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-09-2017, 02:22 PM

Our 2005 with just over 200K miles
15966889_10154862455939328_1034528421_o.jpg

Our 2017 with just over 500 miles
15967165_10154862455934328_1856575093_o.jpg

15991508_10154862455919328_1424121335_o.jpg

2017 RAV4 Limited - Black/Cinnamon Softex, Advanced Tech Package, Mudguards and Door Edge Guards.

2005 RAV4 Limited 200K Miles - Blue/Ash Softex , Roof Rack w/crossbars, Heated Seats, Mudguards, Sunroof, Spoiler, Preferred Accessory Package
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 01:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy347k9 View Post
Picked up our new 2017 RAV 4 on December 9, 2016, wife birthday. Color is black currant, since the day of possession I have added the factory running boards, factory fender splash guards front and rear, weather tec floor mats (front, rear and cargo area), window vents, factory door sill plate protectors, factory rear bumper protector, color matched body moldings and finally a tow hitch. This morning I added up what I spent, after I purchased the vehicle, and was amazed at how much I spent!

The front fender splash guards were a bit of challenge. After covering the entire bottom portions with blue painters tape I held them in place while tracing out the nose of the running boards. With a dremel tool I carefully cut out the traced area. Took me about one hour per side. The splash guard now fit perfectly over the nose of the running board. This has cut down on a lot of the road silt coming up onto the running boards. Still I noticed some open space to the inside areas both front and back. When it warms up I will tackle that in hopes of closing them. I don't like the road silt covering the lower inside plastic trim on the doors.

We really enjoy the looks and ride of the RAV4. With the rear seats down we have ample room for all of our metal detecting toys! My other vehicle is a 96 Impala SS that is just about ready to turn 8,000 miles!

I just ordered a new set of Fiamm El Grande (#74100) horns. Praying they turn out to be a better attention getter than the meek sounding horns the RAV4 came with! Sad when the wife laughed and said what is that? When I told her it was the horns she laughed harder!

Larry
Nice looking RAV4. I love the color and wish they offered it on the Hybrid. How was the running board install? Was it easy to drill a hole to install them? I've been thinking about getting them.
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 04:02 PM

I actually had the Toyota Dealership install them for me. I don't have a vehicle lift and that in it's self would make the install much easier. The Dealership charged me $125.00 for the install which took them just about 2.5 hours as I waited for the vehicle. Of course I went with the Toyota running boards that run nearly $500.00. About two weeks after I had them installed I got a coupon in the mail allowing 10% off for any factory items installed at the Dealership! "Coupon MUST be presented at the time of the install"! Oh well! I still have no regrets they are very nice looking and they do keep out 85% of the road debris. For $125.00 the Dealership can have the job!

If you go with the factory running boards "MAKE SURE" the technician give you the part that is added to your factory jack. This part is in the box with the running boards and attaches to your automobile jack being it is needed so the jack does not damage the running boards.

Larry
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-14-2017, 10:58 PM

I just realized I had not made a post in this thread. Anyways, I purchased my RAV4 in May of 2016, and it has been perfect ever since. The only changes from stock have been body side moldings, front and rear splash guards, the door sill plates, and full frontal Xpel Ultimate PPF (full hood, full fenders, full bumper, mirrors, roof, rear bumper, and some other small places). The paint protection was a must with all the highway driving, and Xpel, in particular, has some super neat self-healing properties. I primarily use the car for long highway drives, and I get stellar fuel economy, especially for the size (39.2 mpg at this point with nearly 6000 miles on the car, which is even better than EPA). While the car is very quiet, I do want to try and add some sound deadening materials under the carpets and in the doors/rear hatch at some point in the future. I'm going for a super quiet ride since this car definitely does not have a sporty exhaust note that I need to hear. I have other cars for that (see last two pictures)!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rsz_img_4868.jpg (297.4 KB, 75 views)
File Type: jpg img_5287.jpg (376.9 KB, 76 views)
File Type: jpg img_4267.jpg (407.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg img_2149.jpg (337.7 KB, 67 views)

2016 RAV4 Hybrid Limited - Technology Package - Mudguards, Rubber Floor Mats, and Door Side Moldings - Full frontal PPF, ready for any road trip.
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 07:19 AM

Very nice looking stable! I am thinking a set of factory running boards on your RAV4 would really add to the elegant appearance that it has!

Larry
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 01-15-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by opcunneely View Post
I just realized I had not made a post in this thread. Anyways, I purchased my RAV4 in May of 2016, and it has been perfect ever since. The only changes from stock have been body side moldings, front and rear splash guards, the door sill plates, and full frontal Xpel Ultimate PPF (full hood, full fenders, full bumper, mirrors, roof, rear bumper, and some other small places). The paint protection was a must with all the highway driving, and Xpel, in particular, has some super neat self-healing properties. I primarily use the car for long highway drives, and I get stellar fuel economy, especially for the size (39.2 mpg at this point with nearly 6000 miles on the car, which is even better than EPA). While the car is very quiet, I do want to try and add some sound deadening materials under the carpets and in the doors/rear hatch at some point in the future. I'm going for a super quiet ride since this car definitely does not have a sporty exhaust note that I need to hear. I have other cars for that (see last two pictures)!
Love the S54 powered Z4.

2017 RAV4 Limited - Black/Cinnamon Softex, Advanced Tech Package, Mudguards and Door Edge Guards.

2005 RAV4 Limited 200K Miles - Blue/Ash Softex , Roof Rack w/crossbars, Heated Seats, Mudguards, Sunroof, Spoiler, Preferred Accessory Package
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page