Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

New Owner 2017 XLE

2K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Glideslope 
#1 ·
We went to the Stealership to look at a '14 Scion XB for my wife as a grocery getter. We both loved it but my wife has a disability and it just wasn't going to work for her. The salesman (Nice kid) suggested she look at a Rav4 (of course he did). She could drive that one ok. We were not planning on buying a "new" car.....

I wanted the XLE for the power lift gate (for her) and that gave her the moon roof she loved so much in the Honda as well.

I have a 2003 Tundra with 185k miles on it. I wanted my wife to have something nice to drive, the 2000 Accord, w/119k miles was showing it's age. We haven't had a car payment in about 10 years. sigh... We made an agreement that I would drive the Rav4 to work a couple times a week to keep the miles off my truck. This was NOT a plus for me... The dealership gave us a really good deal on the car and about what I expected on the trade.

Fast forward to this week, I've driven it twice and even though it doesn't sit as high, and has 4 less cylinders :) I am loving it. Great driving car, plenty of power, and I can't get over how quiet and comfortable the interior is. I haven't even put gas in it yet.

Huge Toyota fan! I just hope I can afford to keep buying them.

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome Sp00ks.
I moved your post to the correct forum so more members will see it.

Reactions: Sp00ks
#4 ·
Congrats on the Rav4, and welcome to the forum. We are a big toyota fan also had quiet a few of them (Rav4 08 sport, Venza 09, Camry 13). Currently we have a XLE 16 that's the wife daily commute and our weekend car, we enjoy it a lot. On Dec we took it on a 13hr trip, and I was pleased with the ride and comfort.

#5 ·
Congratulations. Excellent choice. You will love it. We are on our 3rd. Outstanding AWD System. As good a Subaru IMO. Don't fixate on MPG until you have 5,000 miles. Drive in Sport Mode if your not an MPG fixator. Sends 10% of the distribution to the rears all the time. Very noticeable on dry cornering IMO. :wink:wink

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.