2013 RAV4 - Here it is...finally - Page 10 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#91 (permalink) Old 11-29-2012, 10:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I like it, but will wait for the hybrid version.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#92 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 05:16 AM
rns

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
Having seen the latest images, I'm even more disappointed in the interior... that orange and grey is butt ugly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JuneBug View Post
I have to agree--stitching on the dash???
Stitching are fine though the interior colour combination could be better, but they have earlier offered in Europe different colours like black + grey in this case.

I checked Toyota's LA presentation show and no mention of xenon low-beams so probably they are not standard. Definitely they must be as an option as all lower Toyota model seem to have them already. High beams has own reflector so no bi-xenons although it'd be better...

Toyota.eu added in press release that Rav4 will have one more engine 2.0 litre 96kW (1AD-FTV) diesel only available with Fwd and 6M/T.
Other engines are old ones only with Awd; 2.0 litre gasoline 113kW (3ZR-FAE) CVT&6M/T and 2.2 litre diesel 112kW(2AD-FHV) 6A/T&6M/T.
http://newsroom.toyota.eu/newsreleas...new-rav4&mid=1

----

And there was new video in ToyotaEurope... interior is like I thought. The lower part in front bumper is different, much more nice when the "nose" is not sticking out. There are headlamp washers and even looks like electric rear door. Low beams' color temperature is quite xenonish... so everything on their place so great to go

" title="New Toyota RAV 4 - YouTube" target="_blank">New Toyota RAV 4 - YouTube
#93 (permalink) Old 11-30-2012, 04:53 PM

It seems this new RAV4 is more appealing to Europea than North America. I hear a lot of complaints about the V6 being dropped. In Western Europe we're not even getting 2.5 petrol, just 2.0 (151HP). Of course there will be a diesel (124HP and 150HP). Toyota seems to have done a reasonable job lowering emissions (fuel consumption in the end) which largely determines the amount of tax on a new car. For Euriope the car has grown considerably and Toyota decided to fork their RAV4 development again having branched the car for the 4.3 model (LWB for US and some other countries and SWB for Western Europe). So we're back to one global RAV4.4. I have to see the grey front and back bumper (and wheel arches?) to make up my mind. It looks ok on dark grey metallic body but not sure about other colors. And of course pricing will be interesting: will Europe have to pay a premium for the LWB wiping out the tax savings due to lower emissions?
#94 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM

I have had all 3 generations of the Rav4. I had a first generation, then purchased a 2005 Manual transmission the last year of the second generation, and my wife got one of the first 3rd-generation V6 models in 2006. We absolutely love the V6 Rav4 which now has 115,000 miles on it.

We were both disappointed to see the V6 dropped in 2013. How disappointed? We went to our dealer yesterday and purchased one of his last two V6 limited AWD models that's due in Dec. We got it for $900 under invoice and 0% interest 60 months financing by Toyota. We're keeping the 2006 V6 and are adding the 2012 V6 to the stable. I believe the V6 Rav4 is destined for cult status like the Supra.

All of you with V6 Rav4's? ....... hang onto them! All the rest of you? ..... Sorry, you'll never know what you're missing. :-)
#95 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave_cl View Post
Thanks for the link.
I am happy to announce that tomorrow I shall pay a deposit on the last remaining 2012 Limited V6 4WD Rav4 in Ontario.
I don't know where the dealer is getting it, and I don't care.
I'm trading my 2002 CR-V and keeping my 2008 Rav Base.
Another 2-Rav family!
So I paid the deposit ($1000) and signed the Bill of Sale and returned home to wait for the phone call. Alas, all he could get was a black one, and you-know-who said no. I told him I would return tomorrow (Friday), the final day of the incentives program, and get my deposit back.
He asked me if I would consider a Venza. I listened to his pitch and said I would consider it.
I am about to become the proud owner of a 2013 Venza AWD V6 with the Touring and JBL package for $8152.05 less than MSRP. I'm trading my 2002 CR-V with 175000 km, which is valued between $2000 - $4000.
I'll get over it, I think.
And I still have my 2008 AWD V6 RAV.
#96 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 08:56 PM
Advanced Member

Hope to hear more about the Venza from you, congratulations!

2010 Toyota RAV4 V6 AWD Sport-Sport, Magnetic Grey/Charcoal, Extra Value Pkg, Sport Appearance Pkg, Tow Pkg, BlueLogic hands free
#97 (permalink) Old 12-01-2012, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doane2u View Post
Hope to hear more about the Venza from you, congratulations!
Thanks. I'm already planning to get around the cost of those 20" winter tires, by dropping down to 17" or 18" rims. The Venza has more ground clearance than the RAV, I have discovered!
Who knew?
#98 (permalink) Old 12-05-2012, 11:57 PM
Advanced Member

Here's another idea that could be added to the RAV4 line (click here)

2010 Toyota RAV4 V6 AWD Sport-Sport, Magnetic Grey/Charcoal, Extra Value Pkg, Sport Appearance Pkg, Tow Pkg, BlueLogic hands free
#99 (permalink) Old 01-14-2013, 06:29 PM

My thoughts on the 2013 RAV4

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page