Anyone here holding out to buy a 4.4 RAV4? - Page 3 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#21 (permalink) Old 10-06-2012, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I'm holding out for a 2013 V6. If they drop the V6, then I'll try to find an awesome '12 version or maybe sth else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#22 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:02 PM
bro

well, I am finally ready to buy

Well with the lack of the v6, the new Rav4 is out for me, sadly. Otherwise I think it looks like a great car, even with the weird middle console/cup holder styling.

A few months back I drove the Outback 3.6r and really liked it. It isn't quite what a used MB GLK would be dynamically, but maintenance should be quite a bit better along with the cargo space. After 10+ years in a combination of a gen 1 and gen 2 Rav4's, I think I am jumping ship to Subaru.
#23 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 06:51 PM
Advanced Member

I seem to be in the minority here. I am leasing an '11 LTD V6 4WD and look forward to my dealer contacting me to end the lease early and offer to put me in a '13. Yes, the V6 is great on the highway for passing. But since I don't drive much on the highway or tow anything, I will be happier with the 4 cyl in conjunction with the new 6 spd auto.

The '13 LTD 4WD looks like a winner, in particular the memory seats with the heated Softex material. One thing I haven't seen in the intro specs is whether the LTD will still have a 120V AC outlet like mine does.

In Canada the dealers typically contact the lessee about a year before the lease expires. Our leases have such a low residual that it is beneficial for the dealer to buy back the lease, resell the vehicle on their lot, and pocket a big bunch of cash. They have lots of room to negotiate on a new lease when they can flip my lease and easily pocket $5k. I really don't want to buy back my V6 LTD in 2014 and then go through the headache of selling it privately. BTW, my residual on the '11 in March 2014 will be $18 100. The original list was around $35k. Don't forget, I'm in Canada and we don't have the same lower MSRP's as the US market does.
#24 (permalink) Old 11-28-2012, 07:11 PM

I like the new upgraded interior very much - it looks far more tactile and luxurious than what I have in my RAV. Though, to be honest, cheap, hard plastic isn't hard to improve upon.

However, less cargo space and no V6 (or equivalent) makes the 4.4 much less attractive to me. I will happily keep my 4.3 with the V6 and drive it till the wheels fall off.

If a SE model with a turbocharged I4 comes out, I may reconsider my position.

2009 RAV4 Base/V6/AWD/Black

Be kind to everyone you meet - not because they are a nice person, but because you are.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page