Anyone here holding out to buy a 4.4 RAV4? - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#1 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 05:15 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Anyone here holding out to buy a 4.4 RAV4?

Just curious if there are members here holding out to buy the 4.4 RAV4... anyone?

To The BlackMobile!!!

Last edited by SeriousBlack; 08-09-2012 at 07:02 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 08:18 PM

If that's the redesign coming in 2013, I'm waiting for it. I want a lift up tailgate. And I'd like a bit more gas mileage. I'm looking at the CRV and Forester. If I could take the engine from the crv and put it in the Forester, that's what I'd buy. Unless, the new RAV4 has the lift up tailgate. Then I'll consider it. My wife has 2010 Prius, so I'm happy with Toyota.
#3 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 08:32 PM
Advanced Member

Based off of Toyota's latest full redesign on the 4Runner and the Camry, I think this is going to be a let down for the 4.3 owners. Newbies might not see the cost cutting measures that we would catch. Pricing and features will be a big part of the success of this model.

Life's short, don't sweat the small stuff!

2012 VW Golf TDI
6 speed manual
42 MPG avg for 30K miles

Still miss the V6 Rav4 though
#4 (permalink) Old 08-09-2012, 10:03 PM

I am very curious to see the new Rav4, and hopefully redesign will be worth the wait. But, I am not planning on getting a new car for few more years, a 4Runner will probably be my next daily driver anyway. Do not want to buy new model, first year production car.
How about you SeriousBlack? You are driving a high mileage vehicle, time for a change?
#5 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 09:50 AM
bro

I have been on the fence for nearly two years, I should have just pulled the trigger on a v6 then. I have no real need to upgrade, my 02 is still running, but I could use some more power and safety features.

Right now, these are my options:
'13 Rav4- I hope Toyota does a good job with it. Will have to keep the v6 option for it to be a consideration, I am tired of my car screaming when i want to merge onto the highway. I know the current i4s are much better than mine, but I would like to have some power for once after driving my '97 and '02 Ravs. On the downside, I am not convinced about the AWD, assuming it is the same as the current gen. It seems that it would be fine for the snow and rain, but I won't have the cornering boost that a real AWD would provide?

'13 Acura RDX- Nice vehicle inside and out, but a bit more than I would prefer to spend, and I didn't love it when I drove it. Also has the same AWD downside as Toyota.

'13 Subaru Outback 3.6R- Haven't driven it yet, but better AWD and space, but I am not convince of the exterior styling. Still need to test drive. I drove the turbo Forester and loved it, but then found out some people were getting a combined 15mpg. I can't do that with Premium fuel.

'12 Rav4 v6- Bad interior styling, I am not sure I can get past that, it is what kept my from buying originally along with the impending redesign rumors.
#6 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 11:43 AM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sergr4 View Post
Do not want to buy new model, first year production car.
How about you SeriousBlack? You are driving a high mileage vehicle, time for a change?
My 2006 RAV4 was a first year. It has 161,000 miles and has been very good overall. Better than other cars I've owned. I now have a 2012 Subaru Impreza thats averaged 36.3 mpg over 7,500 miles. I'm not in the market for another car, but I still own my RAV4.

To The BlackMobile!!!
#7 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 02:21 PM

Waiting to see the finished product and interior on a base, with a V6. Was surprised to see how many problems the Rav4 has had compared to other Toyotas. Looking for a good, small CUV as a daily commuter, to carry my Labradors on weekends, and ocassionally to tow a trailer with my cobra.
#8 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 10:39 PM

My wife is. She has a 2007 Limited V6 4x2, and she's anxiously awaiting the 2013.

The salesman that we deal with at our local dealership said that he's not expecting them until January (based on what he saw at the time in his system), which seems absolutely insane to me. I hope he's mistaken, because she's really anxious to get a new one, and the CR-V and Tiguan left her cold.
#9 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 11:07 AM

Nope, already bought my new 2012 V6 Base last month.

My parents, after hearing that there wasn't going to be a V6 any more, researched it and then ran out right away and traded in their 2007 RAV4, V6 for a brand new 2012 V6 Base too.

I think Toyota may be making a big mistake here.

Silver 2012 RAV4 Base V6/Upgrade Value Package/Tow Prep Package/Wade Deflector/Pioneer DEH-P9400BH with GEX-P920XM XM Radio Receiver
#10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2012, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeriousBlack View Post
My 2006 RAV4 was a first year. It has 161,000 miles and has been very good overall. Better than other cars I've owned. I now have a 2012 Subaru Impreza thats averaged 36.3 mpg over 7,500 miles. I'm not in the market for another car, but I still own my RAV4.

Good choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page