Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Any chance for an upgraded i4 6speed for new Rav?

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  pepepeter 
#1 ·
Since everyone is saying that the new Rav will not have the v6, do you think there'll be a chance toyota will use the 2.7L i4 from the highlander (and others) paired with a 6 speed tranny?

I think it's a good compromise/alternative for not offering the V6 but still keep up with the competition.

#2 ·
I hope so. If we can't have the V6, the 2.7 would be the next best thing.

#3 ·
Toyota is now playing the typical Honda game with the 4.4 RAV...waiting until the last moment to give details of the upcoming model. Subaru on the other hand was always quick on the gun and they pull the trigger very early in the game; the 2014 Forester details have been announced while we're still waiting for the RAV 2013...In the mean time, there is a lot of rumors and "I've heard that..." kinda things that makes everyone scratch their head "should I get a 2012 or wait for the 2013"???

I'm glad I got my 2012 Sport V6, a sure bet despite a few dislikes like everyone else!

#4 ·
I'm eagerly awaiting the release of version 4. My lease on a 2011 V6 4WD Limited ends in March 2014, but in Canada the dealers typically try to buy out a lease with 1 year remaining so that they can make money. The residual on my lease is so ridiculously low, $18 100, that they will want my car back. I don't particularly want to buy out my lease, as I'm not interested in owning this Rav4. I really dislike the auto climate control, the doors and rear tailgate all close with bangs rather soft "thunks", and the tailgate itself is a heavy PITA. The interior is cheaply designed and manufactured. The only positive for me is the effortless power of the V6 on the highway. I will be fine with a 4 cyl/6 spd auto or even a well engineered CVT.
So, I suppose I'm one of the few with a newer V6 who is looking forward to a redesigned and much more modern Rav4. By the sounds of the reports and teaser, the new version 4 will be a much more contemporary offering to compete against the Escape, which with a 2L EcoBoost, would be my next vehicle of choice.
Nov. 28, hurry up and come.

#10 ·
#13 ·
I gotta say, once this the 4th generation is released i probably will feel that my 08 rav4 is slightly outdated. its one of things i liked about owning the 3rd generation early on.. it lasted a good 4.5 years before the "oh wait... the new generation is about to come out!!" Imagine if car manuf adopted the apple mentality.. release a new generation every 1yr.. that would never work.. or would it???

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.