Would you buy 2013 Rav4? - Page 4 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

View Poll Results: Would you buy 2013 Rav4?
Yes, I like it. 89 40.64%
No, I don't like the design. 40 18.26%
No, they dropped the V6. 57 26.03%
I would if it still had the V6. 33 15.07%
Voters: 219. You may not vote on this poll

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#31 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 01:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I wouldn't buy one. I think the 2013 is VERY UGLY. Looks matter to me a lot. I wouldn't have bought my 2010 if I didn't like the look of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 07:56 PM

I voted today. I just bought a Pyrite Mica V6 Base with upgraded wheels etc. Old "technology" .. but heck .. my favorite car to drive is a replica of a 1965 Shelby Cobra. No electronics outside of oil pressure/ temp & a funky sounding horn. The Rav4 is outstanding. The V6 is as smooth as a sewing machine .. quiet .. and pulls like a mule. The storage space underneath in the rear is great , and there's a full size spare in case you need it, out of the way hanging on the back. Screw that 4 cyl 2013 CRV wannabe!!
#33 (permalink) Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 PM

Garage
Send a message via MSN to cameo
I don't like the new design: it seems a normal car with higher ground clearance... BLEAAAHHH !!!
#34 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 07:00 AM
DVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 289fia View Post
The Rav4 is outstanding. The V6 is as smooth as a sewing machine .. quiet .. and pulls like a mule. The storage space underneath in the rear is great , and there's a full size spare in case you need it, out of the way hanging on the back. Screw that 4 cyl 2013 CRV wannabe!!
Amen, brother. My 2011 RAV4 V6 was in an accident on Sunday, hit by a joker who lost control of his 2WD vehicle on a straight stretch of road because he didn't know how to drive in the snow.

He just immigrated here from a SouthEast Asian country and I am very doubtful that he's ever seen snow before, yet he thought it was a great idea to go for a drive.

I was in full control of my 4WD RAV4 until he swept me into the ditch.

I could easily have waited for the 2013 RAV4s to be available, but...I'm not stupid.

So I rushed to my Toyota dealer yesterday and got one of the last 2012 V6 Limiteds.

While it sucks being in an accident it could have been much, much worse: it could have been 3 months from now, when all that would be available (new) are 2013 RAV4s.

I find it ironic and sad that I need to be hesitant in driving my vehicle under the tougher than average conditions it was built for not because it can't safely take me where I want to go, but out of fear of the idiots on the road who don't know what they're doing and can easily take out one of the best vehicles ever made, at least for me, and will likely never be made again (by Toyota).

So I just reinforced my "no" vote, with my wallet.

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!

Last edited by DVS; 12-11-2012 at 09:00 AM.
#35 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
So I just reinforced my "no" vote, with my wallet.
That ought to teach Toyota! I'm sure they were expecting to be stuck forever with a lot of 2012 stock. With the V6's flying off the dealer premises, I am sure they will realise their mistake and do a V6 anyway. You will have proven your point then! With your wallet....

But seriously, Toyota seems to have made a decision to sell and manufacture less versions of this car. Also emission standards seem to have been of influence. The short wheel base (5 door , European) version has been dropped. We (Europe) now get the LWB (quite a gain!). What remains is 2.0 petrol, 2.5 petrol, 2.0 diesel and 2.2 liter diesel. Perhaps it's down to economies of scale. Look at it from a world perspective instead of just a US perspective. Although I am sure you may argue God only blesses America. I would argue that he has decided not to bless you any longer with V6 RAV4's. For now.

It's just a car.
#36 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 02:46 PM

NLRAV,

Here ya go.

Worst cars ever made

After all, "It's just a car"........right? Owning one of these will help you to make your statement against us greedy, selfish Americans and support your "world perspective"
#37 (permalink) Old 12-11-2012, 10:21 PM

I have the 08 sport model and I love the power and pretty much everything else........but I can't stand the road noise on the highway. The only way I would consider the new model is if they made the vehicle quieter.
#38 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 04:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toymaker View Post
us greedy, selfish Americans
I suppose asking for divine favor (blessing) does imply a certain amount of greed. But some of the worst cars you refer to actually tick a lot of boxes for many buyers. The Fiat Multipla worked very well for families looking for 6 seats. Those buyers weren't too worried about the looks of it. When they facelifted the car and made it more mainstream they lost a lot of buyers. Some would argue its strange looks made it attractive.
And what about the pinto. Bad choice of name in some countries but look at the cult status now. If you believe it's hip to be square, this car ticks a lot of boxes. We still talk about this car. Excellent marketing.
Anyway, if a car doesn't work for you, go elsewhere. If the manufacturer did not anticipate losing customers, normally they will react. If they don't, well then they will probably be asking for government financial support soon. But don't be naive. When a company decides to serve a market segment differently (i.e. if you want V6, buy a Highlander), it doesn't make sense to ask them what they were thinking. They were thinking you'd go for a highlander, the competition or accept a 4 cylinder. And they were pretty clear about it too.
From my (Euro) perspective: this car (RAV4) has just grown 20 centimeters (sorry for using metric) which is welcomed by me and my family. Also, it's lost the spare on the back door which I've found not the least bit entertaining when changing a flat tyre on the highway, it's lost its off road looks to an extent but it does promise better fuel economy and therefore I save a few thousand euro's in tax (on the purchase price!) and possibly more during the time I own it. With gasoline at approximately USD 8,85 per gallon over here, every little bit helps. The plastics at the front, back and side take a bit of getting used to but I looked at the competition and they all seem to be doing this (Ford, Peugeot, Hyundai, Kia, Buick (Opel), etc.).
#39 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 05:39 AM
DVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducky View Post
...but I can't stand the road noise on the highway. The only way I would consider the new model is if they made the vehicle quieter.
Did your Sport come with run-flats? I've heard those can provide a harsher ride...maybe a noisier ride, too?

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!
#40 (permalink) Old 12-12-2012, 06:41 PM

I just picked up a 2012 Base V6, 2WD, upgraded aluminum wheels, value package (roof rails, floor mats, bluetooth), tow prep package, factory installed towing hitch, pyrite mica. The V6 is as smooth and quiet as an electric sewing machine and pulls like a mule. The storage under the floor in the rear is great (great spot to store pistols on the way to the target range), like having a full size spare (even though we have not used my wife's on her CRV after 10 years). I looked at the options ... no V6 = no 2013 Rav. Didn't want a Ford Edge or any other mid size. The 2012 V6 Rav4 is one of the BEST small suvs on the planet - power, utility, compact, tows 3500 lbs. Toyota blew it big time by castrating this outstanding machine. Had to buy a 2012. Nothing out there like it. After I drove it and checked out the rear storage it was a no brainer. I wouldn't touch a 2013.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page