4.4 Test drives and reviews - Page 12 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#111 (permalink) Old 02-17-2013, 06:34 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meander View Post
Imeant performance wise ,Jetta is lower to the ground so obviously it'll handle better. And how is Jetta TDI not expensive?
It is less expensive than the Tiquan, and gets fantastically better mileage. I had a quote on a Jetta TDI Sportwagen for $25,700.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#112 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)
2013 Toyota RAV4 -- First Drive By Steve Purdy

2008 V6 Sport 4WD Flint Mica
#113 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 01:46 PM
DVS
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I don't receall seeing this one posted here:

2013 Toyota RAV4 Full Test on Edmunds.com

Silver 2012 RAV4 Limited V6 4WD with Tow Prep and OEM Hitch.

Long live the RAV4 V6!
#114 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:09 PM

i bought a 2013 limited AWD w/navigation two days ago.

i previously had a 2008 Honda Civic SI.

the limited comes with the 18" wheels which are not suppose to be as good as the 17" wheels on the LE and XLE. i am happy with the ride and sound of the 18" wheels. they are much better than my civic's low profile tires. the rav4 ride feels smooth and handles bumps well.

the rav4 sits up high which I like. the softex seats feel fine to me.

the engine has plenty of pickup for me.
#115 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 06:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVS View Post
I don't receall seeing this one posted here:

2013 Toyota RAV4 Full Test on Edmunds.com
When the review starts with a heading of

"Ordinary at Its Best"

Then you know it isn't going to where Toyota wants it to go.

Although they do go on to say several positive things about it.

"That said, the 2013 Toyota RAV4 is among the best in almost every other category. It's comfortable with a full load of passengers, has plenty of cargo space when there are no passengers and delivers predictable, if tepid, performance no matter what's onboard. And even though it won't change the world, it delivers all the things an SUV of its type should to those with more reasonable expectations."
#116 (permalink) Old 02-18-2013, 07:42 PM

any idea when IIHS / crash tests are coming out? I hope side impact for passengers improves...
#117 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 09:19 PM

Test Drive

Currently drive a Base 2010 i4.

Drove: 2013 LE AWD.

Drives very different from my 2010. The 6 speed AT a big + IMO. Does not feel as torquey as my 2010 2.5L. Definitely notice the extra width in the cargo. Don't notice any difference in depth or hight. Really miss the storage under the rear matte. Hard to tell if it's quieter than my 2010. Different tires. The ride is softer than my 2010 Base. The 13 has more body roll IMO. Braking action seemed the same. However, I did not beat on the brakes during the test drive as I was not going to purchase this.

Back seat. No different than my 2010. Nada. Whats with the bottom 2" of each door being a plastic clip strip? Must be weight savings?

The front seats are more comfortable than my 2010. No question. I do have a BIG issue with the front dash / Trim. Now, I like the black interior with the black whatever that stitched sort of stuff is around the dash area. But I'm sorry, the Beige interior is horrid IMO. You have the tan, flat black, titanium, carbon fiber, chrome, I'm sorry but I just can't invasion owning the new interior in Beige. WAY to busy IMO. I'd own the black interior only.

Verdict: Nice Small SUV. Definitely more like a Honda, Kia, Hyundai now.
Seems to have a large amount of new plastic all around the body. Unless you tow I don't see no V6 as an issue. The 2.5L with the 6AT is very sweet.
Is is more refined? Depends. Is it more Car Like? IMO, yes. Is that a bad thing? Depends on the buyer. My 2010 feels quite a bit more SUV like IMO. But that is simply MO. What I did come away with was that in 2014 the RAV4 will not be the only replacement I look at as it was in 2010 selling the 2006.

Different strokes for different folks. I'll tell you though, I LOVE Spruce Mica. IMO, simply gorgeous.

"Measure Twice. Cut Once".
#118 (permalink) Old 02-19-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glideslope View Post
Currently drive a Base 2010 i4.

Drove: 2013 LE AWD.

Drives very different from my 2010. The 6 speed AT a big + IMO. Does not feel as torquey as my 2010 2.5L. Definitely notice the extra width in the cargo. Don't notice any difference in depth or hight. Really miss the storage under the rear matte. Hard to tell if it's quieter than my 2010. Different tires. The ride is softer than my 2010 Base. The 13 has more body roll IMO. Braking action seemed the same. However, I did not beat on the brakes during the test drive as I was not going to purchase this.

Back seat. No different than my 2010. Nada. Whats with the bottom 2" of each door being a plastic clip strip? Must be weight savings?

The front seats are more comfortable than my 2010. No question. I do have a BIG issue with the front dash / Trim. Now, I like the black interior with the black whatever that stitched sort of stuff is around the dash area. But I'm sorry, the Beige interior is horrid IMO. You have the tan, flat black, titanium, carbon fiber, chrome, I'm sorry but I just can't invasion owning the new interior in Beige. WAY to busy IMO. I'd own the black interior only.

Verdict: Nice Small SUV. Definitely more like a Honda, Kia, Hyundai now.
Seems to have a large amount of new plastic all around the body. Unless you tow I don't see no V6 as an issue. The 2.5L with the 6AT is very sweet.
Is is more refined? Depends. Is it more Car Like? IMO, yes. Is that a bad thing? Depends on the buyer. My 2010 feels quite a bit more SUV like IMO. But that is simply MO. What I did come away with was that in 2014 the RAV4 will not be the only replacement I look at as it was in 2010 selling the 2006.

Different strokes for different folks. I'll tell you though, I LOVE Spruce Mica. IMO, simply gorgeous.
Good objective review from a 4.3 owner who actually drove a 4.4.
#119 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 12:00 AM
Advanced Member

(Thread Starter)
#120 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 11:35 AM

Here's a couple of funny/interesting videos of the Rav4 презентация нового TOYOTA RAV4 - YouTube and New Toyota RAV4 in action! - YouTube .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page