New and need color help!! - Page 5 - Toyota RAV4 Forums
4.4 General Discuss anything RAV4.4 related that doesn't fit in the categories below.

User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
#41 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 11:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewRav2013 View Post
As the Limited AWD was to be my wife's car, she was set on red, but how good would it look?. It was easy to pick out the Barcelona Red, as there are plenty of Camry's and Prius's to see how it looks in various light levels. When i pointed out a 'red' CRV, more of a cranberry, she wasn't impressed and that's why i never test drove one.
And when the Rav showed up as the second Rav on inventory up last month, if I hadn't bought it there were two other ladies pointing it out in the parking lot to their salesmen; I actually had to show one lady the car, let her sit in it, pop the hood to show the engine setup for her husband, while we were finishing up the details. The other salesman wouldn't go near it with it's temp plates. He was going to order/transfer a red vehicle for her.
Since then I've noticed very few barcelona red Rav's on the lots (on line) so i wonder why? Tons of the other colors. I just checked the dealer online that i use, and out of 67 Ravs in stock/on order only one, an xle is red.
I'm confused... are you saying you bought a red one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#42 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 11:57 AM

Blizzard Pearl or Shoreline Blue Pearl?

I plan to get the Limited AWD. First time Rav4 owner and can't decide on the color! Depending on the lighting, the Blizzard Pearl looks shiny/sparkly. From afar it just looks white and I'm not a fan of white cars because they seem to be more noticeably dirty? I've seen the blue at night and it looks darker than pictures online. Which is easier to keep clean? What would be better for a gal in late 20s? I'd go for the black interior too.
#43 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 12:04 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravJen View Post
I plan to get the Limited AWD. First time Rav4 owner and can't decide on the color! Depending on the lighting, the Blizzard Pearl looks shiny/sparkly. From afar it just looks white and I'm not a fan of white cars because they seem to be more noticeably dirty? I've seen the blue at night and it looks darker than pictures online. Which is easier to keep clean? What would be better for a gal in late 20s? I'd go for the black interior too.
I've had 2 vehicles in the Blizzard Pearl, an Avalon and RX400h. I love this color. I actually think white doesn't look dirty... unless you've ran through a hugh mud puddle. I think darker colors show dirt more and can look smeary if you don't keep them shined up.

My problem with getting the white is that I've already had 2 BP cars!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Toymom For This Useful Post:
ravJen (02-26-2013)
#44 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 01:10 PM

Yes, bought the limited barcelona red/gray interior one. My better 2/3's is very happy; and when i wanted to take it for a solo weekend trip, just about had to walk thru fire to get her to agree. My second choice would have been shoreline blue, but not my call.
However, i think the white sienna we traded was a bit difficult to keep from looking dirty. Maybe because it was 13 years on the road and the paint surface was getting damaged?
#45 (permalink) Old 02-23-2013, 07:06 PM

Hope these info's help you to decide on your color. But at the end of the day, do what you feel is comfortable since you're the one behind the wheel.

DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Study:

2010:
2010 DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Study

2011:
DuPont.com: DuPont Global Car Color Survey: Hot new colors

2012:
2012 DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Report

Old Yahoo article:
What Your Car Color Says About Your Personality - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com
#46 (permalink) Old 02-24-2013, 12:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by molina67 View Post
My wife insisted on getting the blizzard pearl limited edition, so that is what we got... Here are a couple of pics..
Nice. That Looks like an Aus delivered Lexus colour.

One of the two colour options I'm looking at is Crystal Pearl which I believe might be the same as Blizzard pearl. Unfortunately none of my local stealerships have any new Rav4's in stock to get a closer look at.

If that shade is available here I might be closer to a decision.
#47 (permalink) Old 02-25-2013, 01:29 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julz View Post
Nice. That Looks like an Aus delivered Lexus colour.

One of the two colour options I'm looking at is Crystal Pearl which I believe might be the same as Blizzard pearl. Unfortunately none of my local stealerships have any new Rav4's in stock to get a closer look at.

If that shade is available here I might be closer to a decision.
I have an '08 Lexus RX400h in Blizzard Pearl... it's a nice color!
The Following User Says Thank You to Toymom For This Useful Post:
ravJen (02-26-2013)
#48 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 10:14 AM

I like the Ash interior best. I am planning - as someone else posted - on gray floor mats. I don't love the black floor carpeting. I have 2 very white, very hairy dogs.

The ash is also driving my color choice which is, in order: Shoreline Blue, Blizzard White, Barcelona Red. Trim: Limited with JBL/blind spot package.

I'm about to drive to FL in my 2004 Highlander. I'll get seriously shopping when I get back. I *should* try to wait until summer for lower prices and interest rates, but I've exhausted my patience already. I need to just buy the car already and enjoy it and stop torturing myself over a) car choice b) color choice. I'm envious of those of you who are enjoying your cars!
#49 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 12:48 PM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon_rabbit View Post
Hope these info's help you to decide on your color. But at the end of the day, do what you feel is comfortable since you're the one behind the wheel.

DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Study:

2010:
2010 DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Study

2011:
DuPont.com: DuPont Global Car Color Survey: Hot new colors

2012:
2012 DuPont Automotive Color Popularity Report

Old Yahoo article:
What Your Car Color Says About Your Personality - Yahoo! Voices - voices.yahoo.com

Thanks for the info! That's very interesting! I decided on Blizzard Pearl. Am picking up the car tomorrow. Can't wait!! I looked at the Shoreline Blue and Blizzard Pearl next to each other and the BP just glows!
#50 (permalink) Old 02-26-2013, 01:27 PM

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravJen View Post
Thanks for the info! That's very interesting! I decided on Blizzard Pearl. Am picking up the car tomorrow. Can't wait!! I looked at the Shoreline Blue and Blizzard Pearl next to each other and the BP just glows!
I agree... I think I am going to go with the BP also! It is a very pretty color. I obviously like it since this will be my 3rd vehicle in BP So I just need to stop fighting it!

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page