Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Entune Radio, cable, or iPod Classic?

42K views 77 replies 13 participants last post by  niterider 
#1 ·
New 2014 Rav 4 with Entune. iPod locks up after 5-6 songs -using bottom connector (usb). Have to reboot iPod. Then it plays well for a while then sometimes it goes ito reboot mode by itself. The iPod classic is about 2 years old. When I use the Aux jack it's fine, but it doesn't display on the screen and the steering wheel controls (except volume) don't work. Has anybody else seen this?

#76 ·
i also have a 160 gb ipod classic that faces the same issues of freezing and crashing while using entune. the reason for this freeze/crash is because the ipod has a slow harddrive. on my older headunits, the lag from song to song doesnt matter but in the entune radio, the lag becomes a problem and crashes the ipod.

the fix i have found that works, is to replace the 160 ipod classic with a new usb flash drive. i have replaced my ipod with a 128gb flash drive that i bought for around 50 bucks. i have not had an issue with the flashdrive at all. no crashing or freezing.

#78 ·
Great news for anyone wanting ITunes to work flawless with Entune. My Ipod Classics (80 and 160 gb) kept locking up and everybody having same issue with other ipods as well.

I bought a USB 3.0 64gb drive ($18 sale) and use a freeware utility called, doubleTwist', that syncs all my ITunes songs directly to the USB drive and works GREAT! I dont have to convert to mp3s like other people said, just use the doubleTwist app and it syncs all the songs automatically. It works.... Now I have my entire ITunes loaded (20 gb) on my usb and gets synced automatically whenever I connect my usb to the computer for re sync songs, artist, albums and playlists.

I have a 2016 RAV4 XLE with Navigator Entune system. Man what a pain but problem solved!.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.