Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Entune EQ question???

8K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  bigzipz 
#1 ·
Hi, just picked up a 14' Rav4 Limited with Entune JBL system. So far I like it alot, still trying to figure out all the bells and whistles. I found that using the built in EQ function to change the Treble, Mid and Bass levels really improves the overall sound. The issue I have is that alot of the time when I return to the car after it being shut down for a bit, the EQ settings revert back to default zero settings??? Not sure why, as all my other settings (channel presets etc...) seem to be saved...makes it very annoying as the EQ has to constantly be readjusted. Anyone else experiencing this issue? Thanks!

#3 ·
Thanks Zach! Yes I have noticed that the EQ does seem to save different settings depending on the source, but for example I have set the EQ setting for a specific XM channel already like 5 times...it just keeps resetting itself :( . Same thing happens with FM stations...it's odd. Is there another area where you can configure each source separately? I have just been using the Sound button that pops up on the Audio playback screen. I will definitely also check to see if software is up to date and see if that changes things.

#6 ·
Thanks bstall76...I have tried pairing the phone with "enable driver settings" option checked...it works most of the time and indicates on screen that driver settings are being applied each time the phone pairs with the system...but if the car is left for a few hours or overnight it will still reset back to flat EQ...odd, not sure why, as all other settings seem to carry over.

#7 ·
Hi. New to forum but finding it very helpful. I found the answer to this problem in the Highlander forum, specifically addressing the sound resets for the JBL stereo/Entune setup. When the EQ resets, it defaults to center position but you'll notice it doesn't change your fader or balance. The problem is with the JBL amp and the amp needs to be replaced. The Highlander forum identifies a tech at a CA dealership that found the answer. Check it out and print it out and if your dealer can't find the problem, they can contact the tech directly. Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.