Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2015 limited dimming mirrior

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Quickdtoo 
#1 ·
Silly question does my car come with a garage remote?

#2 ·
Not unless your rear view mirror looks like this:

Homelink is not a factory option, but many dealers install it.

#3 ·
Hi there.

My wife and I are picking up our new RAV4 sometime this week when they find the model and color we want. I've just noticed that it may not actually include a garage door opener (Homelink) attachment. Is there any trim level (we purchased a Limited, but not the Pearl Package with the extra goodies like blind spot warning, etc.

Will it have a built in Homelink????

If not, that's just nutty.

Thanks!

#4 ·
No, from what I've heard, the 2016 RAV4 Limited will be the first RAV4 ever with Homelink as standard equipment. Yes, it's nutty.

#5 ·
Thanks JuneBug.

Of all the little things, you'd think they'd include that (and a couple of power outlets in the rear as well maybe). Oh well, I hear you can put an aftermarket one in.....

When is the 2016 coming out? I heard it was going to just maybe be a little refresh, not a full new model. Is that correct?

#6 ·
I agree that it is nutty. My Hyundai Elantra GLS came with a Homelink mirror and it the cheap Elantra. I put the Homelink, compass and auto dimming on my XLE for about $90 for the mirror and cable (both from Ebay). It was easy and a lot cheaper than getting the dealership to do it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.