Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

BackUp Camera Stops Working Intermittently

21K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Dravas 
#1 ·
Hey Ladies and Gents,

I just purchased a 2015 RAV4 Limited AMG, a little over a week ago, and today, and yesterday, the backup stopped working when I had my car in reverse. I had to turn the car off, and re-start it, then it started working again, on both occasions. Have any of you seen this issue before?

I would take it to the dealer since the car is barely over a week old, but I don't want to bother them.......just kidding, I'm going to take it in tomorrow. I just wanted to get a little heads up, if any of you had had this experience, or if you know what might be causing it. Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
You know it will work perfectly when you take it to the dealer, don't you? Better take a video when it acts up or else they'll say there's nothing wrong.

#4 ·
Haha, good point. Hopefully it will happen again before I go to the dealer tomorrow. Thanks

#3 ·
I find the camera cuts off when I plug my phone into the USB. The music starts...so I have to throw it in neutral and then reverse again to get it activated. It's a royal pain in the hole.

Reactions: briankeith513
#5 ·
I think I've had that happen on my 2013 RAV4 XLE, but not on the Limited. I see no rhyme or reason for this.

#6 ·
Ok, so I take my Rav4 into the dealership, before I could get a video of it, and sure enough, they couldn't duplicate it, and even asked if I wanted to wait until it completely stops working. I find that pretty ridiculous, considering it is just 2 weeks old, and already having problems. Fortunately, I took a good video of it on my iPhone, the next time it happened.

Now, my wife's brand new Camry is having the exact same problem, and she got hers a week after I got my RAV4.

#8 ·
Mine did that today. I have a 2015 Rav4 AWD Limited I got about a month ago.. I took a picture of the shifter in Reverse and the screen is blank. I could shift out and back into reverse with negative results. Only when I turn the vehicle off and back on did it start working again. Did you get an answer or solution from Toyota? I am calling them tomorrow.

#10 ·
Exact same issue that I'm having on both, my Rav4 and my Camry, both 2015 models. Took videos, showed them, and they've done absolutely nothing, because, although they see the problem clearly in the videos, they couldn't duplicate it, so they didn't do anything. What happened on your end?

#11 ·
Yes, I take video if something happen. Because every time you go back to dealer, spending few hours and always come out nothing, With the video, They cannot say then cannot see the issue. That what I do last time since my unit keep freeze when I using GPS and unplug my ipod during the driving.

I did found sometime when you select other option during the camera mode. Even you want to go back to Camera. I have to put it in park and do it again. it will show the camera again.

#12 ·
Yeah, I've had video for about 6 months now, and they've seen the video, and acknowledged the problem, but because they couldn't duplicate it themselves......they done absolutely nothing about it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.