Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Mandatory update unsucessful

6K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  kennyz 
#1 · (Edited)
I been using all the apps in my 14 rav ltd (non jbl)with no problems. A few weeks ago all the entune apps stopped working and I kept getting the msg that the radio needed a mandatory update, but it always failed instantly. I had the car to the dealer and they completly re flashed the head unit, but that didn't help. Long story short today I fixed it. Basically it's a problem with the entune account data in the head unit. what finally fixed it was going into setup and selecting remove all personal data. upon restarting the car I had to re-pair the phone and it instantly performed the download and now works again. I had tried two differnt phones, called toyota enunte support, switched phone brands ( from G s-4 to iphone 6) nothing worked untill today. Hope this helps someone, I've gone for almost 2 months without my apps working. BTW Toyota entune support recommends running the new 8.3 as it has fixes for bluetooth in it.

ps If folks have a hard time hearing you on your phone using bluetooth, turn DOWN the in call mic senetivity to either -2 or -3. My mom could never understand me and I've had lots of complaints. The dealer had a specailist in and made this recomendation....wow what a difference, nobody going huh, what, your under water again.
Ken-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.