Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2013 Rav4 NAVIGATION ISSUE

6K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  SM05 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I was wondering if anyone else has been having a problem with the factory installed Navigation system, on my 2013 RAV4 Limited.

I voice entered an address in the same state about 600 miles from my home, and the Voice recognition system found the destination without a problem. I started the application and the journey.
One of the routes was the Florida Turnpike for 400 miles or more.
The Navigation Voice kept telling me to get off the Turnpike.
I checked the settings and they were correct.
Anyone else having problems?:confused:

Another problem that I experienced was during the DAY , the daylight was totally washing out the display.
Rob

G
#2 ·
In the settings, set it to Fastest, not Distance. I found when you have it set to distance, if the difference is even 1/10 of a mile shorter, than staying on the highway, it will tell you to get off the highway.
As for daylight issue, I have mine set to Daytime only, and moved the brightness wheel (left of BSM switch) to just below where it clicks to lock.
There is also a semi-fix where you have to go turn the lights on/off 3 times, while holding a button.

http://www.rav4world.com/forums/124-4-4-interior/143985-daytime-nighttime-screen-brightness.html

#4 ·
My problems with the Navi in my 2013 Limited involve insufficient brightness during the day and too bright at night, the map data is several years old and Toyota wants several hundred dollars to update it, and on several occasions when using the route mapping feature the system has sent me to incorrect addresses miles away from the destination. Love the car, but the navigation was not worth the cost. If I could replace it I would.

#6 ·
Bill,

I tried it when it was first presented. Nothing happened. If I recall correctly the application does not work with the 2013 system. I have to admit that the whole Entune thing is worthless to me. If you have any other tips to address the Nav problems please send them, especially the glare on the screen.

G
#7 ·
Felix,
If the application you are talking about is the firmware update to version 3.2.0, then I can tell you that it's only for the 2013.
I did it last year, and it did fix a lot of Nav & Bluetooth issues..
As for the glare issue, the only fix I have is get your windows tinted, including the top of the windshield.
And I only say that cause I had mine done, and very rarely have a glare issue (usually only when I open the moon roof).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.