Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Aftermarket audio system with GPS

14K views 14 replies 6 participants last post by  rawr4owner 
#1 ·
My 2015 RAV4 LE has an Entune audio system. It has problem with USB drive. It plays only one song even I have a lot of songs on USB drive. So I want to buy an aftermarket audio system (with GPS will be better) to replace the original Entune. I can find some audio system on Ebay for 2015 RAV4. They all look good. But I'm not sure if I can plug in these original connectors directly to the new unit. One connector is for rear view camera. I think that the Entune supplies 5V to the camera. I'm not sure if aftermarket audio units have this connector (to send 5V to camera)? I have some rear view cameras at home. But these cameras have mounting problems. They don't fit unless I make some changes. So I hope that I can use the original one.

Actually I'm not sure if the original camera using 5V and the 5V is from Entune unit. The camera has to be triggered by reverse signal (power). And it only need to send image signal to Entune.

#2 ·
New here....

Hello mate

you can get a an aftermarket one just dont get it from ebay that are coming from china( some are ok but lots of them arent the greatest in the world)

You can keep your factory aux/usb/camera if you buy the right adapters.

i recently installed a new aftermarket car deck in my car
and had to buy a few adapters to make it work.

#3 · (Edited)
I bought an aftermarket DVD GPS audio system!! $340 for the unit and $25 for cambus. It comes with all adapters! I don't know when I can receive the unit. I cannot wait!!! :))

The 1st picture is connectors come with new unit (picture sent by seller). The 2nd picture is my original Entune.

#13 · (Edited)
Hi, I am the one who saw your video on youtube and i bought the same unit.

The first picture are the 5 white connectors on my 2015 Rav4. I don't know what that 6th connector in the back is for. I used the USB retention cable for the bottom wire with the grey connector.

The second picture are the 4 white connectors that came with the unit. I think I am missing the white connector for the rear view camera, which is the third picture for those 3 loose wires. Is that correct?

Thanks.

Attachments

#5 ·
Quad Core 1024*600 Android 4.4.4 Fit Toyota RAV4 2013 2014 2015 Car DVD Player GPS TV 3G Radio WIFI Bluetooth-in Car DVD from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

This is the one I bought. There was a big one day sale on 8/25. I bought it but didn't make payment on that day. I contact the seller for 2 days. Finally they sent me pictures of connectors. I paid today. I'll get duo core, not quad core. I think duo core is OK. It's $30 more for quad core.

Following link is another choice.

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2015...2326122664.html?spm=2114.32010308.2.11.jqFDN1

$269 is good price. But from the picture of connectors, I don't see one for rear view camera. So this one may need to replace rear view camera with aftermarket camera. But Toyota original rear view camera is not very good anyway.

#6 ·
Any chance you guys can post what decks and stuff you guys ordered? I am also interested in upgrading... Would love to hear you guy's reviews on the decks you guys bought

List of stuff i bought for the rav 2015
pioneer nex 6000
alpine ktp-445u
alpine amp mrp-m500
pioneer slim amp ( didnt want to lose too much trunk space)
Stock speakers for now
Idatalink Steering Wheel control

gps / carplay features are great

Sounds better than stock setup and jbl system (optional)

i have mine set so i you can get a better feel and listen experience for EDM music. ( odd times i turn off the sub and change my setting for classical music but only sometimes :D

#7 ·
I've replaced the Entune with an aftermarket radio. I have an TV converter box, which I bought long time ago when TV signal changed to digital. This converter box input power is 12V. So I cut off the adapter, connect it to ACC 12V. After power it on, I can watch TV on that new unit.

Attachments

#9 · (Edited)
It's very good. I paid additional $25 for a CAMBUS. They shipped cambus with the unit, so steering wheel controls work good. According to the user manual, I need to do some initial steering wheel train. But actually I don't need to. It's working already. The steering wheel controls on RAV4 LE is simple. There are no many things. Maybe that's why I don't need to do initial settings. The only thing I need to do after finishing connections is installing GPS software. GPS uses Sygic software and maps. It's not very good. I don't like Sygic. This unit supports 3G. So with 3G, I can use google maps. It has WIFI. I can get online when in place the internet is available. The 8" HD screen is also a plus! Microphone works fine. The rear view camera works fine. The unit has its own guidelines. These guidelines follow steeling wheel, change directions (see the last picture above). That's cool! The TV box could cost $80 or more. But the old converter box works just fine. I need to buy 2 car digital TV antennas (with amplifier).

Things are not good:
1. When door open and close, it'll display in middle of the screen. An audio system should not display that.
2. Sygic GPS. The information bar display in the bottom of screen. It cannot be disabled and it's too big.
3. Glare.

#14 ·
You should have 5 white color connectors. But in the 2nd picture, I only see 4 connectors. The rear view camera connector is missing. Also make sure you have bought cambus (I don't see it in the pictures). I don't know the one you asked. In my 2015 RAV2 LE, there is no this connector. (For some reason I cannot attach picture).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.