Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Audio amplifier location

14K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  califone 
#1 ·
Where is the audio amplifier located on a RAV4.4? I would like to investigate the possibility of replacing the amp as part of a speaker upgrade. If possible, I would like to use the same 12v circut and location for a new amp.

#2 ·
Solved

I have been told the amplifier on a Rav4 without the JBL audio system is integrated within the head unit. I plan on running an 8 AWG wire from the battery to under the passenger seat to power a 50W RMS X 4 amplifier. Then I will run the factory speaker level outputs from the head unit to the new amplifier, and run speaker wire with the speaker level signal back behind the headunit to join up with the car's existing wiring.

#3 ·
I have been told the amplifier on a Rav4 without the JBL audio system is integrated within the head unit. I plan on running an 8 AWG wire from the battery to under the passenger seat to power a 50W RMS X 4 amplifier. Then I will run the factory speaker level outputs from the head unit to the new amplifier, and run speaker wire with the speaker level signal back behind the headunit to join up with the car's existing wiring.
Maybe it's just me, but that makes no sense what so ever.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.