Toyota RAV4 Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Softex artificial Leather

10K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  RTexasF 
#1 ·
I love Toyota. As a matter of fact, a Toyota 4 Runner was my first vehicle. For the past 8 years I've been driving a Camry Hybrid. I was so excited when the Rav 4 Hybrid came out and have always planned on getting a Limited but I find the Softex artificial leather looks very cheap to me. In my opinion Softex is more of a downgrade than an upgrade. How do others feel about the Softex?

#2 ·
Reactions: Applegator
#3 ·
I have Softex in my RAV4.... But in most of my previous cars, it was leather. I like the Softex except for one thing: the small of my back sweats much more..... On the other hand the Softex may wear better.... Only time will tell. I should mention that the leather in my Acura is perforated.... Perhaps that is the main reason I don't sweat as much.

This post has been deleted
#6 ·
This is my second car with Softex, totaling about 4 years with it. You'll be completely sold on it the first time it gets something nasty on it. Even ballpoint pen marks will wipe right off. It doesn't rip or puncture any differently than anything else, mine has had dogs on it every day with no issues other than layers of snot and slobber needing to be wiped off. Its cooler than leather in the summer heat.

Softex sales pitch: It is eco-friendly, no harmful chemicals are used or created in making it (unlike leather). Its far lighter too.

#8 ·
I like the looks of Softex, I just wish they could perforate it so my back wouldn't sweat as much. I've managed to keep it perfectly clean.... No snot, slobber or feces to wipe away so far as I have full control over my bowels and other bodily excretions. So I can't vouch for how easy it can be cleaned.... I'll just take your word for it!

#12 ·
After 3 years of Softex in the wife's RAV4, I've come to appreciate far more than the real leather I had in my Acura. Kid vomit, harsh Houston summers, car seats, you name it...it has held up remarkably well and not a stain or cut to be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.