Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

Birds Eye View "rotation" mode?

3K views 16 replies 4 participants last post by  nicmo 
#1 ·
I remember seeing videos back when of the Birds Eye View having a "perimeter scan" mode, that animated and circled around the vehicle or see-through vehicle...

Is that still a thing and if so, how do I enable it?

#3 ·
I know that, but I'm looking for the rotating view mode, or what I think is actually called "perimeter scan" mode or something like that... it's an animated rotating view of the camera views stitched together, as if you're rotating around the car (not just a fixed camera view)...

#10 ·
nicmo,

You posted a video that shows you exactly how to do what you are asking for.

At 43 seconds, the person starts to talk about the Birds Eye View feature.

At 57 seconds, you see the person hit the button on the lower left corner of the screen to switch from top view to see through view.

Is that not what you are looking for?

#11 ·
Homer3D,

Ok, so I've figured it out....finally. ;)

At :43 seconds, the video above begins to explain the two Perimeter Scan modes: "moving view" and "see-through view"...different from "Birds Eye View."

Apparently, the two Perimeter Scan options are only available while in PARK, which I apparently didn't try before...I had only tried while reversing and driving forward slowly, which to me are the most applicable situations)

While in reverse or driving slowly, Birds Eye View (top-down) is the only available option. This is the source of my confusion. I thought I could get the see-through view while in reverse or driving forward slowly, which I can't seem to.

#12 ·
Apparently, the two Perimeter Scan options are only available while in PARK, which I apparently didn't try before...I had only tried while reversing and driving forward slowly, which to me are the most applicable situations)

Wow, after several comments you didnt even tried what was suggested in the first place? Whats wrong with world now? Smh.

#15 ·
nicmo, if you would read the manual in the first place you could have answered your own questions instead of having everyone else explain it to you, see the graphic on page 190 of the Navigation manual which is available for download along with all other manuals on the Toyota Owners website in case you don't have them.

Toyota Online Owners Manuals and Warranty

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.