Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2016 RAV4 SE--is aftermarket tech pkg possible

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  tammai 
#1 ·
Just purchased a new RAV4 SE and was told by the sales person that I had a tech pkg--I do not. Is there an way to get this aftermarket? The integrated navigation is what I am most interested in. Second, would be the bird's eye view camera.

#2 ·
If it doesn't have a package that was advertised to have when you got it - take it immediately back to the dealership. This is not something that is generally installed port side (ie, at the dealership) - comes from the factory that way. Also, no aftermarket that would work like the OE one. The tech package is an optional package on the SE trims - so don't assume that all SE trims have it when it hits the dealership lots.

#5 ·
Thanks for your help

I appreciate the responses. I am really trying to find out if anyone knows of any after market tech packages. Without going into too much detail...I made a mistake in assuming the salesperson knew what he was talking about. In hindsight, he was new and didn't know much about the vehicles and basically only told me what I wanted to hear. I was choosing between a Nissan Rogue that had everything on it (from another dealership) and the RAV4 which I liked better but only if it had the same features. I was assured it did. When we test drove the car, he explained (and sounded very credible) that you could only test navigation in cars that had the demo module set up and the one I was buying didn't have that set up. Anyway, I did take it back the next day trying to figure out how to make it work thinking I was doing something wrong, only to find out I did not have the features I was told I had. The sales manager apologized, gave me a rubberized cargo mat and went about his way.

Please don't spend time telling me how I should've done things differently. I know that and I agree but that doesn't help me now. Thanks for any suggestions on after market stuff.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.