Toyota RAV4 Forums banner

2016 Rav4 XLE XM antennae connector on back of receiver

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  rav4us 
#1 ·
My wife's Rav 4 has horrible XM reception (or should I say lack of). We recently drove 7 hours down from Ga to Florida and probably 40% of the way it was skipping and saying no satellite reception. I've read that using a different external antennae has helped on these instead of the shark fin. I bought what I "thought" was the correct adapter, but either I was just totally wrong or they changed it in the 2016 model. I have attached two pictures of the white connector I'm fairly certain is the XM antennae connector, does anyone know if somewhere is selling these adapters? It seems round, with a squared bottom. I prefer not to cut and splice the factory wiring.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Thought about that, but after reading WAY too many threads on this issue, it seems that Toyota blames XM or "environmental" issues and XM blames Toyota. I have a 2016 Tacoma that is just as bad. The wife came from a Ford Escape with Sirrus and it almost never lost the signal. Not sure if that is a difference between XM and Sirrus since I've heard they still operate on different satellites.

#6 ·
I have an aftermarket 'shark fin' antenna on my '15 XLE and I have very little trouble with the satellite reception in my area. However, there is one spot that every time I pass through it my XM radio goes dead; I looked around today and found the culprit - a cell site on the roof of a low building.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.